Chapter 9

Evie's POV

The next week or so I helped Severus plan a lot of his lessons. He did put a lot of work into them, considering he hated all of his students. I accidentally awoke him a couple of times during the night when I had a nightmare about my father. Yet I told him it was nothing and he should go back to sleep. He reluctantly agreed but I could tell he didn't really go back to sleep and was making sure that I was okay. He was always awake before me on a morning.

"Morning Evie. I made you pancakes this morning" He said with a grin. I smiled at him and started to eat in the armchair, staring into the fire. "Something bothering you?" He asked, looking intently at me.

"What is the job Father gave me, I need to do it. If I don't, when I go home I don't know what will happen to me but I'm sure it wont be good." I asked, not looking away from the cackling fire.

"He just wants you to keep a close eye on every single one of the Weasleys, Potter and Granger. Just to make sure they don't plot anything against him or something like that. He also wants you to report back to me or him after every bit of information you find out. I would also like to give you a tip, I would date one of the older Weasleys. You will gain their trust and can spend holidays at their house etc etc, just like Potter does when he's not here." He told me, still not taking his eyes off me. I turned from the fire and looked him dead in the eye. Did he know about George? He couldn't, I hadn't mentioned that we kissed and George certainly wouldn't. The rest of Hogwarts were arriving tomorrow, which meant I would see Draco again, and George. And I could get fathers plan going so I didn't get tortured.

"Yes, I'll try and do that. I'm not sure how convincing I'll  be though..." I muttered, looking away from him again.

"You'll be fine." Snape told me, looking away from me too and staring straight into the fire.

"It'll be odd not staying in here Severus."

"It will?"

"Yes. The rest of the Slytherins treat me as Dracos sister who opened the chamber of secrets and I'll get that every day, even though they know I didn't"

"I'm sorry. You can come stay on weekends? Any time you want to, let me know and I'll conjure up your bed again." He told me, grinning. I smiled back, stood up and put the remains of my breakfast on the bench.

"I'm going to see Professor Dumbledore, is that okay?" I asked, glancing back at him. He furrowed his brows but nodded. He asked if I wanted him to take me but I assured him I would be fine. I walked through the empty corridors and made my way up to his office. I got to his door and knocked gently.

"Enter"

"Good morning Professor, mind if I have a word?"

"Of course, do sit" Dumbledore acknowledged, gesturing his hand toward the chair in front of his desk. I sat down carefully and looked right at him through his half moon glasses. "What can I help you with Evie"

"My Fathers given me a job" I admitted. He raised his eyebrows and put his glasses gently down in front of him. He nodded for me to proceed. "He wants me to play spy on Potter, The Weasleys and Granger. If I refuse, he will torture me again. But worse this time"

"I don't know what to say. But, I can help you" He mumbled after a few minutes of silence. "I don't want to see you get hurt. I know you are better than the rest of your family"

"Thank you Professor, I didn't want your help I have to do this myself, however I thought that you must be kept aware of what's going on"

"Very well. If that is what you want." Dumbledore smiled. I smiled back into his eyes. I was dismissed and made my way back down to Severus' classroom. He wasn't there so I picked a potions book from his shelf and settled myself down at his desk.I sat and read the book for hours, I checked his muggle clock on his desk. 5.49 PM. I snapped the book shut, left it on his desk and exited the classroom. I strolled the corridors for a final time during the day when they would be empty, I roamed them for hours and when I thought it was getting late, I made my way down to Snapes quarters. He had to be back by now didn't he? Just as I turned the corner I saw him apparate. But someone was with him, and I recognised the long blonde streaks, down past his shoulders. It was my father. I followed them silently until they made it to Severus' classroom. I pushed the door open ever so slightly so I could hear. I heard fathers fist pound of the desk and I flinched.