The Threat

Blending in a sea of people may have proven to be the easiest way to get to the person you would likely go to, but it's actually one surefire way to mess up. Technically, you'll get lost in a trance, focusing becomes bad the moment a single, small act of retribution happens.

You end up losing the person you so wanted to catch.

What better way is it to set an appointment in a very unprecedented matter?

That is much better.

Making use of and hitting two birds in one stone, I opted to meet Mr. Jang, the person in question, for a small talk at the cafe which I formerly frequent, and discuss with him terms of my conditions. Presumably dealing with business, the stocky man of mid-50s came up to me and shook my hand. I smiled at him, and asked him to sit with me.

'Mr. Jang, I heard you are a businessman,' I began, sitting cross legged in front of him while sipping my coffee.

'Ah yes, Mr. Gu. I am,' he said.

'So I am interested in dealing business with you. I want to have a share of your stocks in all your buildings along Gangnam area,' I said, to which shocked him. Who in his right mind would ask for those?

'I'm sorry, Mr.Gu, but I think I misheard something.'

'No, Mr. Jang. You heard it right,' I said, keeping my smile and eyes darted at him and the men behind him, who are mine. Under the dark lens of my glasses masked the disgust of these corrupt people who would do anything to stay on the top.

They are all the same.

'What do you mean?' he asked.

I straightened up and smiled at him. 'You heard me. Shares, or someone, not me, will take you out. You see, a lot of people may be under your wing, and I know you are hiding in theirs too. But trust me when I tell you that a lot of people want to eliminate you likewise.'

He looked at me with disgust as he took off his eyeglasses.

'Just who are you, Mr. Gu?' he asked.

'Let's just say that I am one concerned man. And I am giving you a hint that people may kill you if you don't budge. See those men over there?' I pointed, and he saw that there were men who were with his bodyguards too, ready to take them out when the need arises.

'They wouldn't hesitate taking all your bodyguards out and someone will come and take you too,' I said, smiling at him. 'Now, which is which? Give in or not?' I asked.

He looked like he was lost in a trance. Mr. Gu is a businessman, and he can't afford to lose his life or else, his family will all die. A lot of people, his partners and enemies alike, want him eliminated and get everything that he has. I know he cannot say no to what I am telling him.

He stood up and never said a word, and immediately the men outside took all his guards, in broad daylight. I smiled and he looked back at me, while someone stood beside him to guide him back to his seat earlier.

'Do you really think I am joking, Mr. Jang?' I said.

'Give me a week,' he said.

'Tomorrow, tops. I guarantee, no one will harm you once I get what I want,' I said. He stood up to go to his car, and the man who stood beside him came with him.

The following day, news of a businessman who went missing and was found dead broke the news. I shook my head. My man said that he attempted to grab the gun and fire it, but they killed him first, inside his own car.

So much for greedy people trying to keep their hard-earned kickback money for themselves. Their demise is just right around the corner.