Undercover

'What I hate most SJ, are liars. Why did you lie to me?'

When I saw her fumble for her phone and eventually change her expression slightly, I knew there was something that she had known. I told myself, it couldn't be. But then as she came up to me ever so slightly, and I mean not the way she does when she wants to be the lover that she is to me.

This was something different. With the way she walks and looks at me. I knew I needed to prepare myself too. Yeon Hong, my girlfriend, is not a woman whom you can just sway around with your finger. She is someone with substance, and with what I just knew earlier, she can be a dangerous liaison likewise.

She then put her Glock 19 to my glabella, an indicator that she indeed can kill me if she wanted to. What she didn't know is that I hid my Beretta M9, perfectly concealed from behind my waistband. The thing is, right now, it is not loaded. There was no magazine at all in here, as it was in my pants back pocket.

I will never do anything to harm her, but then I had to take my chances too.

'Why did you lie to me?' That question I can never answer right away. Because I never knew what answer I should give her.

'Believe me, Yeonssi. I never wanted for this to happen,' I answered, while placing the unloaded pistol to her side. If she would decide to really pull the trigger, she can do so in a heartbeat. But I can never do so to her.

'There are some things that you don't know about me,' I said. 'I need you to listen to me or you might just be the first person I pull this trigger onto.'

I couldn't read anything except for the anger in her eyes. I know she felt betrayed, but then I had to tell her everything that I just knew.

'Say it now, before I pull the trigger on you,' she said, fixing her eyes on me. The Yeon Hong I knew who loved me, was now gone. In front of me now is a woman determined to put a bullet through my brain.

Just then, I noticed a shadow moving at 12 o'clock. Training my eyes to follow the movement, I realized that we were followed and there might be some other people who are outside, in broad daylight, making her house a trap. I slowly reached for the magazine in my left back pocket, and thought of ways to maneuver and get out of the gun pointed point blank.

As I saw a figure in front of me pointing a gun to where I was, I ducked down, causing Yeon Hong to lose her grip on me. Pulling her down with me, with her gun pointed upwards, my left hand took a hold of the magazine, snapped it on my Beretta and popped the gun in front of the man at twelve. What I didn't realize, Yeonssi was firing the gun on her nine o'clock, my three. Suddenly we were scramming for cover, with her on her sofa while I went to her foyer. One by one, pistols firing went off, since it was afternoon and these people didn't want to make much of a scene. Berettas, I suppose.

Standard issue for military men. These men were directly in contact with the Number One. 

When the firing stopped, I waited for any of them to enter the premises. Stupidity must have been rich today for these men, as one indeed went in and I took him out, point blank. Another pop was heard, this time coming from where Yeonssi was. Oh, we could actually work together if she wants to. But we will have to settle what we had right after these unwanted parties come over.

As one more man came in, I went out of the foyer and ducked once more for cover, and it was just enough for me to pop another headshot to the man who just came in. Looking around to where she was, I checked if she came out where she hid. Seeing another shadow coming through, I went up close to where the window was and fired the shot to the side, trajecting the bullet to the temple of the person who was behind. I listened in and went around, defensively ducking into corners and preparing to launch an attack should the need arise. Seeing every angle was clear, I went to check the other side of the room, and found someone who was just waiting likewise for Yeonssi to make a wrong move and put a bullet through her head. Popping another one to the temple of the gunman, I saw her look at me and fired at me, only to find out that it was not meant for me but for someone behind me.