Next To You

Waking up next to someone who meant the world to you truly is the most amazing feeling in the world. Or at least to me. It was the first time and what happened yesterday was something that both Yeonssi and I will never forget. It was a day full of ups and downs, and it was a day full of confessions. 

And although she didn't allow for the both of us to be more intimate, I understood. What she did when we were at her house after the battle with those men who came to kill us was simply a reaction to the frustration and anger that she felt. Knowing that the man she loved, I should know this, was the one whom she has been looking for to take a vengeance on was too much to bear. Worse, we had a physical battle to face. I simply understood that it was not the right time yet, and I know that we will eventually get there.

Snuggling up next to me, I looked at her angelic face. Who would have thought that this face who could launch a thousand ships, can also launch a thousand bullets into your brain? I guess I was lucky, I met her at a time when she didn't know who I was. Maybe it was fate. Or are we truly destined to be together? Whatever the reason will be, I am lucky that she wasn't able to put that bullet into my brain, and I am sleeping next to her at this very moment.

'SJ, I know you're awake,' she mumbled, and I can only smile at that. I placed a soft kiss on her lips and held her tight. Sure thing something has woken up in me, but only then I can quench that internal thirst that I had been in, when she allows me to do so. As an officer and a gentleman, I was crazy enough to wait for that perfect moment.

'Good morning, hun,' I said as I sniffed her hair that smelled of lavender and roses. A perfect contrast to the stench of gunpowder and blood residue yesterday after the fight.

'Can we not go anywhere today?' she asked, voice muffled.

'Whatever you say so, hun. It's okay with me,' I replied. It was too fine with me. 'But aren't we having breakfast?' I asked as I checked the clock. It was already 10am. We did sleep in.

I heard a growl and then we both laughed. It was the only thing that made us get up.

'How's your arm?' she asked, while fixing brunch. She cooked beef bulgogi, egg roll omelette and kimchi jjigae. Rice was cooking on the side too. 'I'm sorry for doing that yesterday.'

'I think it's fine. I was alright actually, but then you stitched it up. I got exhausted when you were finished,' I teased, and I could hear her laugh.

'Well, if I didn't do that, you could have infected it,' she replied.

'I've been into big cuts and terrible wounds, but then this one will always be something else,' I said as I went up behind her and kissed her shoulder. 'Smells like heaven here.'

'Ya, Gu Seo Jin,' she said as she turned back to me. 'Or, should I call you with your real name?'

'Which one do you like?'

She thought for a moment, pursing her lips and then she looked back at me. 

'I think I'll settle for SJ. The other one has bad memories attached to it,' she said. I nodded. It was a name she will always associate with being an enemy. She then placed the food on bowls so we could eat. 'Honey could you get the side dishes, please?' she asked as she scooped the rice and placed them on separate bowls.

I smiled when I heard that. It felt like we were married. Come to think about that, maybe it's time to ask her the question once more.

'Arraseo, honey,' I said then went to my fridge and checked the banchan available.

The afternoon news featured her house which was found by a neighbor to be emitting a foul smell. She called the police and there, the bodies of the men whom we fought yesterday were found. Good thing was, her neighbors don't see her too often and don't even know who lives in that house.