Work Together

I cried to him. I cried because of him.

Having him lie to me felt like a dagger was stuck into my chest. For the whole time I knew and loved him, I never expected anything like this. I never thought that SJ would give me all the doubt I had ever felt about myself. A lot of things went through my mind when Hyo Jin sent me that message earlier.

MM10 is Seo Jin. Kim Tae Pyung. The last man left for me to take vengeance. I told myself that if I found him I would listen to him and ask him what happened. But then knowing about it that he was in front of me the whole time? It surely felt different.

And it was just not because I know him. I loved him.

I love him still.

But then when I was at the verge of pulling the trigger on him, with him securing it tightly to his head, I found all the strength left my body in an instant. I do not have any issue killing someone I hated, but then with him it was not the same. I could not do it.

Not when I was ready to spend my whole life with him.

So I ran to him and kissed him, out of frustration, tension, lust probably. I could not quite contain what I felt then and what my mind was telling me to do so. Getting him to bring me to my room was not in my plan at all and undressing him was something I would have wanted to do intimately, when times would have been favorable.

But it was not.

Climbing up to him surely gave him a surprise but I know as a man, and tensed at that likewise, he must have felt what I felt and answered my kisses. When we arrived at my room, I caught sight of the man I had choked earlier coming up to where we were. I pushed SJ to the edge of the dressing table, not knowing that I was hiding something from behind the mirror. Taking it out while kissing him, I opened my eyes to find the culprit standing in front of us, aiming his gun likewise. I pulled out of SJ's kiss, and honestly I missed his lips roaming there, and fired my handgun at the culprit, straight to the neck, near Adam's Apple. He held it and then the next thing, he fell unconsciously, closed his eyes for eternity.

My head fell on SJ's broad shoulders, and it was then that my tears fell down too. I know he felt it, as he rubbed my back slowly, and asked me to cry it out. He has always been that considerate of me. And even now when I do not quite understand what was happening to me, how my heart felt and what my mind was thinking about him, I followed what he just told me.

I must not deny to myself that he has been my life now. He had been the most important person to me, not even my mother whom I know was alive after all these years. And so it must be understandable to feel what I felt when I knew what I needed to know.

I cried loud, for all of the things that happened and will still happen. What was in here now will only tick the very bomb that I have planted to anger the man on top of all this. My father's former employer, and I believe that SJ knows about it too.

'We're staying at my house starting tonight, okay?' he said. I asked myself why he was still like this to me, even after the episode earlier where I would have killed him instantly. Then it dawned on me when he pulled me down to escape the first wave of gunfight. I instinctively raised my hand so I couldn't fire at him, since I saw a shadow at his side. One thing I remembered was, when he pulled the gun away from my side, something clicked when he placed it behind me.

It occurred to me that his gun was without ammo. Although I will have to confirm it yet. But that realization led me to approve of everything that he is telling me now. Besides, this place couldn't be a decent place for me to live in anymore.

'I will tell you everything later,' he continued. And what struck me was when he said, 'You can kill me hun, but never doubt what I told you the very first time I met you.'