Tell Her

You and Scott have an unintended staring contest until he breaks your concentration.

"Summer?"

"Scott,"

"Tell her,"

"That's exactly what Loki said,"

"Of course he did, he knows,"

"...knows?"

"That you two are perfect for each other,"

"And you're positive she likes me?"

"Alright, these next words are going to sound creepy but bear with me,"

"Uh - huh," you slowly nod your head, still being unprepared.

"So, I'm Ant - Man, right?"

"Yeah,"

"I wear my suit a lot, not always these plain grey hoodies in sweats, right?"

"Apparently,"

"And I shrink in size when intended,"

You continue nodding as he speaks.

"I walk around when I'm tiny a lot,"

He paused, waiting for you to react, but you just stare, having a slight idea of where this is going.

"Do you want me to just get to the point?"

"Yeah,"

"I overheard her talking about you. She was talking to Bruce, she said 'she's gorgeous, kind, and my dream. I know that I shouldn't date people at work, if she'd even want to date me, but I think she's... perfect.' and then I left, not wanting to intrude too much,"

"And you're positive she was talking about me?"

"One hundred percent,"

"I can't tell her,"

"Why not?"

"I just can't,"

"I have an idea,"

"No,"

"I could sit on your shoulder-"

"No, Scott!"

"Why?"

"She said it,"

"That you're perfect,"

"You're not supposed to date people at work,"

"Summer?"

"What now?"

"You. Don't. Work here."

"She does, doesn't she?"

"You think they would lock people up that work here, you think she would try to get out of work, that she would live at work?"

"What?"

"She doesn't work here, either, she's trapped here, just like you, just like me, just like everyone."

"Trapped?"

"You didn't know that?"

"Wanda said-"

"Listen. This is how it is. We're here, we work FOR them, we go outside and fight the bad guys, then come back here, locked in, until the next fight,"

"...why?"

"They don't want superhumans running around outside,"

"Some of them are normal humans without the suit, like you, and Tony, a-"

"But as soon as we got the suit in our hands and S.H.I.E.L.D. found out, we lost all signs of our lives before. Those people we hung out with before? They don't know we exist,"

"Like the Men in Black?"

"Like the Men in Black," he nods.

"How? Do they have a flashy thing too?"

"No, but they've got their ways,"

"When Nat and I went outside, it didn't seem exactly imperative to bring us back. Like when I got lost,"

"You were never lost. S.H.I.E.L.D. will never lose anyone,"

"Trackers?"

"Everywhere,"

You shake your head. You hadn't even realized you were all trapped 5 minutes ago, and now everything had been changed.