Fire

"You ready, Summer?" She turns to face you, her beautiful hair swaying lightly with the wind.

"Well last time I got angry and I'm guess that's what caused the storm and . . . stuff, so I can't get angry this time,"

"Why don't you give us a bit of shade?" She shields her eyes while looking in the direction of the sun then back at you.

"I'll try,"

You hold your arms out, attempting to force a few evaporated water - and - dust - clumps together in front of the ball of light.

Instead of moving, the clouds darken.

"It's not working,"

"Think hard about what you're doing,"

Rain begins to fall.

"I'm trying!"

"No anger,"

"YOU KNOW WHAT ROMANOFF?"

"Sorry, sorry," she backs up with her hands out.

You stop what you're doing to refocus yourself and continue.

"Are you sure you're-"

You cut her off by lifting the ground beneath her and directing it farther away from you as the clouds only grow darker and fain falls faster.

Blue flashing lights fill the sky and you immediately recognize it as lightning. You let Nat back onto the ground as you panic.

The air ahead of you cracks with a deafening sound, a flash of light follows and everything darkens more than night.

* * * * *

You open your eyes to see Nick Fury standing above you with his arms crossed. You attempt sitting up only to find you're strapped down and pain. Lots of pain.

"What the hell?" You examine the chains around you.

"Do you know what the hell you've done?"

"I don't even know what the hell happened,"

"You summoned lightning,"

"Ok?"

"You struck yourself,"

"Jesus fuck,"

"You could've died, Summer,"

"What the hell do you care?!"

"Of course I care, dammit!"

You quiet your voice to a small squeak.

"Is Nat ok?"

"No thanks to you,"

You sigh, "I know. How is she?"

"She's just fine, n-"

"No thanks to me, yeah, I know,"

"She's in lockup for letting you and Loki out,"

You throw your head back and sigh, remembering that time.

"And Loki?"

"Back where he belongs," he pauses, "Asgard,"

"Wanda?"

"Nothing happened to her,"

"Ok," you relax your entire body and prepare yourself to ask about Nat again.

"Can I see her?"

"Once she is done with her sentence,"

Your heart shatters, knowing that this 'sentence' was likely years, considering your apparent danger threat right along with Loki's.

"Which is?" You press from your lungs as they burn with the eternal flame.

"However long I say,"

"W-"

"If you ask again, it'll be longer,"

"You sound like my mom," you laugh a small smokers laugh while you burn mentally.

"Can you unstrap me?"

"No,"

"Why?"

"Tests,"

"For?"

"We don't need to unchain you for you to be released,"

"What?"

"Exactly. Be careful, little girl, or you'll get yourself into some deep shit with this power,"

"Super strength?"

"No,"

"Then what the hell is it?"

"Why so many questions?"

"Should I know what I'm capable of?"

"You're capable of destroying the fucking universe, that's what you're capable of,"

You fall silent, staring a deadly stare at him as he stops pacing around you.

"How?"

He doesn't reply, just looks menacingly at you.

"How?" You repeat, "why? What could I possibly do?"

"You can die, it's the only way,"

"What? No!"

"I'm sorry, Summer," he steps toward you, bearing a syringe.

"Get the hell away!"

Another step.

"I swear to god!"

Step.

"No!" You howl.

Fire surrounds you, flames everywhere. The heat, the pain, all of it. It burns you, but at the same time, you enjoy it. It doesn't kill you, your own work doesn't kill you.

A fierce anger bubbles inside of you, telling you to lash out. Forcing you to burn, feel pain, don't let it stop. That you like it.

"Summer, stop!" A voice erupts behind you, followed by the slamming of a door.

You open your eyes, not realizing they were closed before.

The room is bright, you stand in the middle, Fury stands afar, pointing a gun at you.

Nat stands at the door.

Tears fall from your eyes.

And a shot is fired.

The room is alight no more.