[019]

December 7th, dining time

"Of course, it all makes sense now. You're the vampire queen that was lost long ago."

[Promise's POV]

He likes me? He actually likes me? But, why did he say he would never like me then? I don't understand.

"I know, it's the whole reason I did this," Hailey said sweetly, "thanks for proving my point". I could hear her heels clicking through his room, getting louder with each step. 

"What do you mean 'proving your point?" Just as he said that Hailey opened his bedroom door, revealing me standing there in shock with my mouth hanging open. "Hailey, what did you do?" He asked that with so much anger in him, I was afraid. 

"I'm uh, gonna go get ready for dinner," I managed to squeak out, getting quieter at the end. 

"Wait, Promise!" Jaden tried getting up and running towards me, but I was already halfway down the hall. He actually likes me. I can't believe it. Why?

[Jaden's POV] 

"Wait, Promise!" I got up and tried running towards her, but when I got to the door, she was already gone. Dammit, I thought to myself. What am I supposed to do now? 

Ugh, I suppose I must get ready for dinner. I hope this doesn't turn out as awkward as I imagine it will be. Hailey wonders out of my room, not before saying "have fun" though. I trudged over to my walk-in closet, trying to find the best outfit I could. Why? I am hoping that Promise feels the same, and I can ask her to be my queen. 

I find a black, silk suit with red accents. I throw on a white button-up, undoing the first three buttons. After somewhat doing my hair, it was time to go to the dining hall. Making my down to the hall, I finally noticed how alive everything is. The gold trim sitting on the walls seems to shine more, the ceiling seems to have grown more height. The candles, brighter than before. The tons of clocks that rest on the side tables, ticking louder and faster. 

Like my heart. 

[Promise's POV] 

I'm already at one end of what appeared to be a neverending dining table. Hailey told me to wear something fancy, I was worried at first, thinking she found out today was my birthday. But soon become relieved when she said a 'special someone' might be waiting for you. Obviously, someone wasn't, I was the first one here. 

Anyways, I found a crimson red, above-the-knee length dress. I also found the perfect diamond necklace to match. I thought that since it was my birthday, might as well go all out. 

Even if no one knows. 

"You look," I heard a familiar voice call out, "breathtaking." Jaden stepped out of the shadows, approaching the table. 

"Thanks." I shyly mumbled. He finally sat down, and the chef gave us our food. I noticed what he was wearing. He was also wearing something fancy. And he looks really good in it too. 

*Dinner was boring so, le time skip*

After cleaning up from dinner, I bumped into someone's chest. 

"Sorry," I looked up at who it was and trailed off, "about that.."

He chuckled lowly, "It's alright." I best be going, I thought. I gave him a small, tight-lipped smile, and started walking around him. 

"Wait," I felt him gently grab my wrist, spinning me around, "I..have to ask you something." This will be fun. 

"Sure, what is it?" I gulped. I had a feeling of what it was. 

"As you heard, I like you. And I wanted to know if you felt the same. So, do you? I mean, of course, you don't have to, I'm not gonna force you into anything. Or you don't even have to tell me if you like me or not, that's completely fine also." Jaden was rambling so, I cut him off by saying, 

"Yes." He kept rambling for a second more, before realizing what I said. 

"I'm sorry, huh?" 

"I said, yes. I do like you." His eyes grew as wide as bowling balls, the color of my dress slowly climbing onto his cheeks. 

"R-really?" 

"Really." His eyes sparkled for a moment, he looked genuinely happy. 

"Ok, this is great. Can I say something crazy?" I nodded, "Will you be my queen?"

"Can I say something even crazier?" He smiled then hummed, "No." His smile dropped instantly.