[020]

December 7th, past midnight

"I will never leave you again, Jaden. I promise."

[Jaden's POV]

"No." My smile and heart dropped. 

"Wha-what do you mean 'no'?" She said she liked me, I heard her say it! 

"I like you, Jaden. I really do. But we can't be together, you know this." No, I don't know this. I don't understand this. 

"Why not? Nothing is keeping us apart!" I didn't notice, but my eyes started stinging. I think they are sweating. 

"You're a vampire Jaden. I'm a mortal." Ugh, I forgot about that part. 

"If you be my queen, join me, you will become one of my kind. We can be together for as long as we'd like, Promise." I know I met her maybe like, five days ago but, I feel something towards her. Like I don't have to look into the sky at night anymore, I can look at her, and I'd be looking at stars. 

"WE CAN'T JADEN! We just..can't."

"YES WE CAN! YOU HAVE A CHOICE, YOU CAN BE MY QUEEN. YOU CAN BECOME PART VAMPIRE. Please." I started noticing I was choking on sobs, I never wanted to argue with her but, I guess I have to. 

"NO, JADEN. I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND DO YOU? I CAN'T BECOME VAMPIRE. IF I BECOME YOUR QUEEN, YOU'RE GONNA OUTLIVE ME. YOU'RE GONNA WATCH ME DIE, AND I KNOW YOU DON'T WANNA GO THROUGH THAT PAIN AGAIN. Jaden, even if I do become your queen and I die, you'll have to learn to live life without me." 

"Fuck!" I grabbed a clock that was sitting on a side table and threw it at the wall. It shattered, the broken pieces flew everywhere. It kinda reminded me of my heart right now. 

"Look, Jaden, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I have to do this but-" I cut her off by pinning her to a wall and forcefully kissing her. She was shocked and tense but soon gave in. She wrapped her arms around my neck, my kisses going from her lips to her jaw, to her neck. 

I think I found her sensitive spot since she almost moaned. She didn't want to show that I was right. "Jaden, please. I love you," I stopped as she said that, " but I can't." I took a few steps backwards, her arms releasing from my neck. 

"Then why?" 

"Why what?"

"Why did you kiss back? Why did you let me believe you were gonna be mine?"

"Because I love you, Jaden. The way that you have no hesitation to show your true feelings to those close to you. The way your eyes shimmer and turn a vibrant gold when stargazing. When I first arrived, you had little to no hesitation to let me stay, even if I was human. And the prank you had planned before I arrived, the way it completely vanished the night on the roof." Wow. Maybe she was right, she did love me. 

"Oh," she giggled, realizing she had forgotten something, "and I know you're right, about being together. I think we are soulmates, I have a feeling. The other night my mom was talking to me through the stars. She said that we seemed like we were perfect for each other. Like we were each others' missing piece. That's how I knew we are meant to be. 

Fate just decided that even though we are meant to be, we can't be. Maybe someday, in the afterlife, if you ever die, we will meet again. And if we do, we are truly meant for each other." 

She was softly smiling at the end of her speech. I really do love her. I hope someday we reunite. I know she is planning on leaving tomorrow morning. My thoughts got interrupted by a yawn. 

"You should get to bed, you have to leave...tomorrow." 

"Yeah, I guess I should. Good Night, Jaden. See you when the time is right." She tiredly slumped to her room, not before giving me a kiss on the cheek.