❁[017]❁

December 7th, morning

"We could've had everything. If you would've just listened to me!"

[Promise's POV]

Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe everything I heard was true. Either way, it still hurt.

It's the next morning now, and I don't wanna get up. My-god it's so weird to think of it as mine-bed is so comfy, and..and warm, and nice.

"I mean of course it's nice, it's Jaden's (Someone had told me that he did tell her his name, so thank you for that!) matress", I muttered to myself.

Well, it's not his, but it's in his castle, and he bought it (at least I'm guessing anyway). After last night, I don't want to go near him, let alone set a foot in the same room as him.

He hurt me that bad. It seems childish but, I'm a sensitive person, and what he said really got to me.

"I don't like her. And I never will."

I scoffed-trying to seem as if it didn't get me, even though it did-to myself thinking back to last night.

Was what he said true?

Does he really not care?

[Jaden's POV]

I really care for her, even though it hurts me inside. I have never felt like this before, it's weird. And I want to kill the feeling.

But I can't. She's different. Special. Even though she is shy to almost everyone here, I know she has it in her to be confident. Bold. Sassy.

But, either way, she's still amazing.

God, I'm such an idiot. Here I am, falling for some stupid human girl. Dad would be so dissapointed.

"But your mom would be so proud."

Ugh, of course I said that out loud.

"You didn't say it out loud, I can hear your thoughts", Hailey retorted, "and they're loud too."

Scoffing, I replied, "Whatever. Why are you here and eavesdropping on my thoughts anyway?"

She pushed her self up from leaning of the doorway, "Well, a little candle told me about what you said last night."

Shit. Of course he did.

"I hope you know that, that girl really cares for you. She may have onky known you for a couple of days, but she does. Her thoughts even told me that she miggt even like you."

"Did you read her mind?" That's so inconsiderate of her.

"Yeah, and I know you're wondering how since you can't seem to read her thoughts. She's blocking you out of her mind. The day she found out you were a vampire, and tried to run away, she didn't want anyone trynna read her thoughts."

"Then why did you?"

"Simple, to see if she likes you back."

"Psh, I don't like her."

Hailey gave me that "really?" look.

"I'm serious, just because I 'cArE' for her doesn't mean I like her. Now shoo, I don't wanna look at your face anymore."

I know that seemed a bit rude but, we do it all the time. Hailey is kinda like a sister to me (even though I would never admit it).

"Ugh, you're intolerable", she exclaimed before getting up from where she was sitting, and heading out.

"Close my doOR!" She didn't. Of course she didn't, and I know she did it on purpose too.

Sighing, I thought about what she said.

Do I like Promise?

[Hailey's POV]

Ugh, it's like talking to children. It's so painfully obvious they like each other, they just won't admit it.

*Gasp*, I have the perfect plan.

____________________

A/n:
Sorry this is such a short chapter, this is probably gonna be the only short chapter for the rest of the book. The way I spilt the long chapter up, one of the chapters were gonna have to be short.

Oh! The italics on the top is what someone says in the second book. If you noticed I added that on almost all of the chapters.

Anyway, what do you think Hailey's plan is gonna be? Do you think Promise and Jaden should quickly make up, or wait a little to create some tEnSiOn. Let me know! (Also I am sorry if I spelt anything wrong. I'm kinda exhausted and sleep deprived).

Anywhore, I love you all, my baby thots! Good night/morning/afternoon/evening.
                    -maya :)

[713 words]