❁[07]❁

[Third(?)/both POV]

"Right, so when will this end?"

December 5th/August 21st 2004/December 6th

[December 5th]
The sun was setting. It was cold and wet. The white, fluffy, yet crisp at the same time, snow glistened under the big bright star finally going to sleep. The wind was silently breezing throughout the howling night. It could bring a thousand shivers up your spine. But not good shivers. The deathly shivers. And that's exactly what it did.

[Promises POV]

Promise climbed out of her bedroom window and crawled on the roof. She didnt know why but she felt safe. But at the same time, scared. Sitting up there on the roof, the wind suddenly blowing strong now, giving her those deathly shivers.

Pop!

She whipped her head around to see what made that noise. Nothing. No one or nothing was there.

Whoosh!

Promise felt a godly presence behind her. Who would be up here? And how?

"I cant tell you my name, but I came through the window. Your door was unlocked.."

How did he hear me? Did I say that out loud? No. I definitely did not say that out loud...

"Soo...what are you doing up here anyways?", he asked curious of my actions.

"Well I like stargazing, and the stars looked extra bright tonight, so I thought I would take a look. What about you?"

"You like stargazing too?", he asked, ignoring my question.

"Yeah..."

"Oh. Thats cool, me too. My mom liked stargazing and she would take me outside every night to stargaze with her.", he suddenly got shy and quiet..

"Liked? What do you she liked, if you dont mind me asking of course?". My feet were dangling off the edge of the 'roof' while my hands were resting on it.

"She died."

"Oh."

"Yeah.."

"Sorry about that, she seems nice."

"Yeah, she was. She was the nicest person you could ever meet... but someone broke in and killed her. I was only four." After he said that I stayed quiet. I was having flashbacks to when I was younger...

----------------•Flashback•--------------

The little girl and her mom were walking around the fair, hand in hand.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look! Can we get on that big wheel thing?", the 5 year old asked, tugging on her mothers hand.

"Of course sweetie, and it's called a Ferris Wheel." Her mother was the most beautiful person in the world the little girl thought. Her mother's name was Amber. Amber Mane. Amber had soft, chocolate waves of hair sitting on her shoulders. Her pearly white teeth could blind the sun. Especially when she smiled. When she smiled she lit up the whole room. It was like her teeth twinkled, like the stars. Her teeth were the stars, her little daughter thought. Her mom was a star. The brightest of them all. She was always so happy and full of joy. Nothing put a frown on her face. Except the thought of someone hurting her family. She would never let her husband or daughter get hurt. She would die for them. And that she did.

------------•Flashback over•------------

[Jadens POV]

Shit. I shouldnt have told her that. Now she doesnt want to speak to me.

"Promise?", I asked, hoping she wasnt just ignoring me.

"Hm? Oh what? Sorry, I had a flashback. My mom died too. She was the most beautiful person you'd ever see. She died when I was 5. We were waiting to go on a ferris wheel when it broke down. The bolts got loose, and it started to roll of the stand. It injured a few people and killed one cause she got crushed and lost air. That person was my mother.", she replied with a sad tone.

"Oh. I'm sorry for your loss, she seemed nice too."

"Thanks."

We sat there for a few moments, in a silence. Not an awkward silence. But a comfortable one. Taking in our surroundings. Its currently 1:38 am. We have been sitting here for over in hour, just thinking. Promise started to turn her head to look at me. Which, in return, I looked at her back. We sat there, staring into each others souls. It was, comfortable. The more I look at her, the more I notice she looks kinda like my mom when she was younger. And that made me feel safe, for some reason. Wait, wait, wait, no. Stop. What am I thinking. I cannot be falling for her. If I fall for her, she can get hurt.

I could tell she was getting tired, so I told her we should get to bed. She went to her room, and I went to mine. I thought of ways to not fall for her. I can avoid her? No, the trick wouldnt work then. I just wont look at her then. Yeah. That seems like a good idea. I mean if I dont look her in the eyes, then I wont fall for her. Ok now that I got that out of the way, it's time to sleep.

A/n-
Hey so here is this. Tehe. I will post 5-7 chapters tomorrow. Sorry for the long wait. Anywhore, love you all <33 good night, or morning, and stay safe!! Bye bye my little thots ☻👌🏼

[881 words]