Chapter 17

Happy New Year everyone ❤❤

Thank you, if you're already here.

Kindly do excuse the errors. Didn't have the time to edit it.

And I do follow each of your comments closely. I just didn't have the time to respond but Thank you so much. You all inspire me a lot. ❤❤

_______

Although the plan was to return the Sunday night, Gulf had managed to convince Joe that it was best he leave to which Joe agreed by finding him a driver and a cab. The more difficult job was convincing the rest of the Haldens with his lies by telling them how his job wants him in the office the next day.

The Haldens were kind and loving but Gulf couldn't fully embrace their kindness and be comfortable with them; not with Mew glaring at him every single minute. He didn't understand what the deal with Mew was. Moreover, he had seen how coldly he had treated Samantha the entire night and all of such didn't sit right with him.

His intention was to escape his depressing, lonely life and the misery that Mew had put him through. But Mew came knocking at his door again, hence, the only choice left with him was, 'leave'.

"I'll see you on Monday. I'd love to drop you but you know, family tradition holds strong" Joe said apologetically as the two of them reached the cab parked at the street.

"Well, finding me a driver and a cab is good enough. Besides, my real plan was to return with you only tomorrow"

"I know.... You suck in this case" Joe sniggered running his hands through his hair.

"Well, convincing your family was hard enough. Don't make it too hard for me" Gulf joked putting his last luggage inside his car.

"Well, call me when you reach".

" Sure"

"Joe!? Joseph?" Suddenly, they heard Joe's mother calling him loudly. Taking that as a cue, Joe rushed off after bading Gulf goodbye.

"Ready to go?" The driver, who was an elder man around his late forties, asked and got inside the driver's seat even without waiting for his response. Gulf was told, he was a family friend of Halden's and he thought, this ride would be cozy.

He went on to open the passenger's seat when he felt a hand grabbing his wrist from behind. His heart raced in fear. In shock, he turned to meet the eyes of his fear and came face to face with a weary-eyed Mew.

His heart beat accelerated with shock but managed to quickly threw off his hands from his.

"Gulf" Mew called in a loud whisper filled with hurt in his voice.

"I have to go, Mew". He retorted and took his hand towards the door again. But Mew grabbed his hand again and forcefully pulled him towards him. " What the fuck Mew! Let me go". He shouted angrily trying to free himself from him but Mew was too strong. He held him tighter and made him look into his face. And under those moon light, Mew's eyes that were brimmed with tears were vividly clear but this time, Gulf was too mad to even care.

"Mew, I'm telling you for the last time. Let. Me. Go" He finally pushed him away with all his strength.

"Why?" Mew's hoarse voice daunted sternly.

"Because I want to!" Gulf snapped back angrily.

"Lie!"

"Oh for fuck sake! I am not playing this game with you anymore. Leave me alone!" Gulf shouted helplessly but he know this tough act was just a camouflage of his broken heart. He's been hurt way too many times and now he's just tired of Mew coming and going as he wished. He was tired of being a doormat. He no longer wants to be affected by Mew, not anymore. And hence, he wanted Mew gone from his life. "I'm exhausted, Mew". His words came out in sob and he hated the fact that he easily became vulnerable again. He was supposed to be tougher than this.