Chapter 21

Thanks if you are already here. ❤

Please do excuse the errors. No proof reading yet
_____

Invitations were flown around the office regarding the advance valentine party to be held on the evening. There was a certain rush of excitement in the office especially when valentine's Day was declared an official holiday.

There were hush murmurs around the office about how a party like this, is all about meeting eminent people and the higher ups and making good connections to help one climb the hierarchy.

Then, Alison in her hectic movement, rushed to the lunch table where Mild and Gulf were sitting, chewing on their burger.

"Guess what?" She squeaked pulling herself a chair out, "tonight is going to be am-mazing! There's report that this party is not just for our staffs but a collaboration with all the stake holders including Mr. Jongcheveevat's private firm!" She said flashing her beautiful teeth at her two friends who didn't look as enthusiastic as her regarding the news.

But somehow it made Gulf happy because that would mean, he and Zhan can attend it together that is, if he decides to go.

"I'm not sure how excited I am about this. I'm glad that tomorrow is a holiday. But really, I don't even have a date." Mild sighed dryly.

"Well, that makes two of us" Gulf intercepted with a smirk, clinking the glasses, filled with juice.

"And even if we do, it's not likely we have a date from this office". Mild continued.

It made Alison roll her eyes at her two friends. "This is exactly why you guys should allow me to complete my sentence before anything. " She said annoyed. "So, I was saying, we are allowed to bring our dates even if they're not from the office. It could even be your family. It's open to all!"

"Really? Mr. Wang the cold boss agreed to that?" Mild wryly asked, almost twisting his lips trying to display his dissatisfaction.

"Yes! Mrs. Amanda submitted the proposal and he actually agreed in a blink" Alison shrieked. Her joy was beyond containment.

"And why are you so excited about it?" Mild asked curiously shifting his gaze at her. "Do you even have a date?"

"Of course, I do! Remember Roland? The guy who returned my purse the other day? I'm going to ask him"

"You mean that blonde guy? Oh come on! He looks like a real jerk" Mild reacted harshly.

"You did not just say that!"

"I did. You're too good for him... Oh wait, I take that back. The two of you suits each other so well because of how extra you both look". Mild teased and it made him receive an infuriated response from Alison.

"Whatever! At least he's better than an idiot like you! He likes me for me!" She protested.

"Alright, alright...but he still seems like a jerk to me" Mild persisted.

"I hate you" Alison stomp her feet showing her dissatisfaction and looked at Gulf.  "Don't worry, Gulf. You'll know that Mild's just being jealous because I have a date and he doesn't...Roland is a nice man".

As Gulf listened in silence to the conversation, he could tell that Mild was not happy about Alison naming another man other than him. It was obvious to him that Mild liked Alison but she was too naive and innocent to read that.

"Anyway, I never thought, Mr. Yibo who is known to be so cold about everything actually would be so generous about this Valentine's Day". Mild murmured lowly, trying to avoid eye contacts with Gulf.