Chapter 18

I do follow your comments closely.
Thank you for being such amazing readers. ❤❤❤

Please do excuse the errors.

______

After a heavy sleep, Gulf woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning. He hit for a shower and started making his breakfast while reading Zhan's message about how he was taking care of Wang Yibo. At least something good is happening to one of us. He murmured to himself while the door bell rang.

Gathering himself, he hastily rushed to the door to tease his friend for possibly rekindling with his boss. But as he opened the door, his entire body froze for it was not Zhan but Mew- the last person he had expected to see on his door.

"Can I come in?" The first person to speak was Mew in such a shaky voice. He looked like as if he hadn't sleep the entire night. His eyelids looked heavy, face pale and gloomy.

Surprised was Gulf but as far as he was concerned, he wanted Mew gone from his life. And the anger from the previous night still persisted with him. "What do you want Mew?" He asked showing off his discontentment.

"Please... " Mew softly pleaded and it was when Gulf realised, he couldn't shut the door on his face. He still hold a soft spot for this confusing man called, Mew.

Besides, a part of him wanted to know why Mew was here and then confront his fear for one last time. He decided to stand up for himself, no matter what because at the end of the day; each one has to live for oneself.

Mew walked inside as Gulf left the door ajar. He followed after him inside and ended up on the sitting room when Mew sat on the couch- the same couch they had kissed.

There was a strange silence within them; depicting the uncomfortable feelings each carried for one another.

"Why are you here, Mew?" Gulf broke the silence and stood in front of Mew ready to snap at him as angry as he could if Mew ever crosses the line this time.

"I came to apologize" Mew stated and it stunned Gulf. He what!? He couldn't believe it. Mew and sincere apology? It just doesn't work!

"I'm sorry, Gulf. I'm  really sorry about a lot of things" Mew's voice cracked while his hazel brown eyes lifted up and poured into Gulf's.

Gulf could tell, Mew was being serious. His eyes no longer sparkled, his body movement weary and fragile as if he had just escape dead. But Gulf couldn't understand what changed in just few hours.

He had never seen their confident boss in this broken, vulnerable state where his voice was almost cracking every second, but he was too scared to trust him again. He couldn't just give in. As far as he know, Mew was a compulsive liar and he was someone he should be careful with.

"Sometimes, a sorry doesn't fix anything Mew" Gulf calmly responded trying not to sound himself judgemental.

"I know..."

Gulf sat back on the couch realising that perhaps, this was where he could seal things up for good and actually find the real closure.

"Gulf... " Mew persisted, "What do I mean to you?"

It silenced Gulf briefly; he didn't had the answer for himself. It's a question he haven't ask himself before. Perhaps, he had been running away from his own feelings for too long. Was it because he was sure that someone like Mew would never love him? Was it because he didn't want to wear his heart on his sleeves?

"I just want to figure myself out once you tell me what I am to you" Mew continued monotonously.

Gulf got nervous. He had been brushing his real feelings for too long. Did he even like Mew now? He had no idea. Was it just resentment? Anger? Desperate? He was clueless.