Chapter 13

Kindly excuse the errors.
Thank you if you're already here . ❤

________

A day after Zhan was allegedly accused, Zhan hit to his office reluctantly. There was shame, confusion but overall, helplessness. He wish he could set things right and allow truth to prevail but life has its own course of action.

He didn't even want to be around his friends because he feels they won't understand the turmoil inside of him.  Hence, he reached the office alone but more late than usual.

As the office got busier and working hours began, he decided to talk less and work more. Moreover, he set his priority in completing his internship first and not let his mind roam in wild for he desperately needed to finish his internship. Last but not the least, he decided to erase the memories of Mr. Wang and their 'something like' romance that clearly didn't made sense to both of them.

But a lot of emotions hit differently when he saw their boss's  secretary, Mr. Yang in front of his seat. What now?  Zhan muttered in his breathe as he greeted the secretary.

"Excuse me, Zhan, Mr. Wang has ordered for your presence along with the logo you designed for the oil drilling project." Secretary Yang said firmly and it shocked Zhan as he wondered how a project he had done a month ago was now under demand by his boss.

But with no complain, he obeyed the orders as instructed and followed after Secretary Yang, while becoming the centre of attention in the entire office once again.

And inside his gut, he felt as though the outcome wouldn't be in his favor.

Once he reached the huge conference room made of dark glasses and white ceilings, the tension further escalated. There were the board of directors in suits, and all the eminent workers of their office including Miss Jane and their two bosses, sitting around a round conference table. And they all stared at him.

"Is he the one? " An elderly man asked first.

Confused, Zhan glanced at Wang Yibo who was heading the meeting but he didn't even flinch. He only eyed at him without a word and fixed his eyes back on the papers lying on the table.

"Yes, he is Xiao Zhan" Their other boss, Mew answered and he further continued, "Xiao Zhan, considering your conducts and the rumours that has degraded the reputation of the company, we are left with no choice but to fire you".

Xiao Zhan exceptionally went blank. He recalled how only the previous day, Wang Yibo talked to him about granting second chances. Was that all a lie?

"We love and appreciate your talent Zhan but we are not sure about your credibility anymore. Although we can shut down the case this time in our favor, we can't afford another plagiarism issue like this in the future". What? Zhan freaked out as boss Mew finished his statement. Plagiarism? His heart palpitated and sent their bosses a confusing look seeking for further elaborations.

"Don't look at us like you don't know what we're talking about" This time it was Wang Yibo with his ever stern-ful voice who sounded terribly angry.

"I actually don't understand what this is about" Zhan pleaded and an awkward silence followed.

"Zhan, the logo you designed for the oil drilling company has been sued by Martin's company claiming it to be plagiarism. As a matter of fact, the advertisers have taken down all our ads and we are now under heavy criticism in the media and is causing huge losses in our investment." Miss Jane explained sending Zhan into a frenzy state.

His body turned cold, blurry and the world stopped for him. Never in his life had he ever stolen someone's work, let alone even take inspiration. He was an original creator, a true artist. And getting to hear people dismiss his talent for fraud or stealing, he broke down.