Chapter 8

It was already evening and ten hours had past by since Mew left the apartment. Gulf sat on the bed embracing the silence in his apartment as the hangover slowly left him. And now, Gulf felt his chest lighter, his head sharper, his thoughts calmer and he felt the difference.

Even though he felt as though he had made peace with his past, the Mew he saw in the morning gave him hope that the elder man cared about him and that, not everything between them was gone. However, he eventually hoped that he will finally carry on with his life. As he contemplated, a knock on his door intervened. It must be Xiao Zhan,he thought and rushed to attend his guest.

"Hey! " As expected, Zhan flashed a bright smile at him. "Feeling better?" He asked as they walked towards the sitting room.

"I slept the entire day. It helped" Gulf answered sitting down on the couch. "How was office?"

"It was alright. Have you had dinner yet?" He asked quickly skimming the room.

"I haven't even started cooking yet."

"That's good then. I just have the thing for you" Zhan then open the zip of his backpack and took out a lunch box, which Gulf shyly but pleasantly accepted. "Thanks Zhan, this is...cute" He said a little taken aback by Xiao Zhan's kind gesture.

"By the way, do you remember anything that happened last night?" asked Zhan swinging his arms across the arms of the couch.

"I remember a little this and that. I don't remember how I dragged Mew in." Gulf said deciding to go honest with his one true friend.

"About that..." Zhan paused biting his lower lips slowly, "you seem to be angered by him. At least that's what I observed. Is there something going on between you guys? Something you want to talk about?" Zhan's question was direct and it made Gulf wonder whether his actions were that obvious. "Don't get me wrong. It's just I've seen you guys way too many times in a non professional way". Zhan continued.

"Yeah, well, the two of us do share an uncomfortable past. But it's all good now. We've talked about it and I think from here on now, we can finally move ahead." Gulf admitted placing his trust on those clear, round, black eyes of Xiao Zhan.

"Is he an ex- lover or something?" The blunt question from Zhan choked him. But Gulf handled it sincerely by smirking in the nicest way he could. "What do you think?" He instead asked trying to test his friend's judgement.

"Well, I have a feeling from the start that there's so much more than just a mere acquaintance. Are you by any chance into men?"

Gulf gulped awkwardly. "To be honest, I was. I mean, I did like Mew but now it has been a while since I last dated a person of any gender." He answered.

"Hm...are you guys planning to get back together or something?"

"It's actually the opposite. We decided we'd remain friends"

Zhan chuckled softly shaking his head. "Friends, my god. I have little doubt that it's going to work out so well."

"What do you mean?" Gulf raised his voice suspiciously.

"I don't know. It's obvious there's so much pent up emotions. But sure, if you two are okay with being 'Friends', I guess that's it."

"So, you're okay with the idea of me liking men? " Gulf hesitated and stared into his friend's eyes. He was actually satisfied with how Zhan reacted so naturally and calmly to his confession; he wish the world was as understanding and loving as his friend.

"I don't see a problem. Besides, even Mr.   Wang seems like someone who would approve of such relationship"

"What do you mean? " Gulf startled amusingly. He could not believe his ears and his heart pounded in disbelief. "No way, really?" He screamed aloud after processing the information for a moment.