Chapter 15

Please do excuse the errors.  Not my best. I didn't get enough time 😫 My apologies.

Thank you if you're already here.

_______

Gulf stared at the doorway of his office's main entrance feeling quite dejected. It has been two days since he shared that awkward kiss with Mew. And for two days, he waited hoping that Mew would reach out to him, talk to him and give him a closure. But instead, Mew ghosted him.

And now after two days of complete silent treatment from Mew, here we was staring at Mew and his girlfriend, Sam smiling and cuddling at each other's arm. It was a reality nightmare.

His heart wavered in regret for easily allowing Mew to use him. He should have learn from the past but his stupid heart was far gone from listening to his mind. If only, He regretted as Mew and his girlfriend, Sam passed through him, completely ignoring his existence. And the only thing that was left with him was the Sandalwood scent and the cherry blossom scent, probably emitting from Sam.

Of course, Gulf, you don't smell as nice as her. He tells himself and carried on with his office work. But he was certain that once again, Mew has shown him his place by choosing Sam.

***

"What?" asked Wang Yibo, he was terrified. "So, you're saying someone hacked Zhan's account?" He stood up from his chair and eyed sternly at Secretary Yang.

It has been two days since Xiao Zhan was fired. Just a few minutes ago, Secretary Yang had brought him the report from the IT sector that Xiao Zhan was innocent and those informations deeply bothered him.

A thousand thoughts rushed into his head. He couldn't believe that he had accused an innocent person blatantly and had been this reckless in his decision. He had never made such significant mistakes in his career but there was a certain fear inside of him that wanted to push Zhan further away from him.

"So, who is it?" Wang Yibo demanded, his heart pounding like it would fall off his chest.

"The culprit is unknown. But the cctv report shows that Zhan was not in the office when the mail was sent nor does the browsing history of his computer shows he had logged into his mail".

Impossible! Wang Yibo scolded himself in silence. He was angry but moreover, he felt guilty as Xiao Zhan's innocent, pretty face flashed in his mind. And all of a sudden, he wished to see him and wanted him back in his office, in his embrace.

"Where's Zhan?" He asked curiously.

"I'm sorry sir but we'll have to find that out"

"Make sure to have his details on my desk by tomorrow." He ordered sitting back on his chair aggrieved.

A part of him was relieve to realize that Zhan was no evil but a part of him was uncomfortable for the mistreatment he had subjected Zhan to. Moreover, the taste of Xiao Zhan's lips continued to linger in his memory and not even the kiss shared with Miss Jane helped in erasing that feeling. He needed him back. And he decided, he will have him back at any cost.

In the meantime, Mew and his lady walked into the office, all dressed up.

"All good?" Mew asked, eyeing at him. Perhaps, he must have noticed his pouting expression.

He shook his head in denial and sighed aloud. "Xiao Zhan is innocent" He said.

"Really? That's very unfortunate on our part" Mew replied remorsefully and took a seat. His lady, Sam then slided next to him.

"I can't believe I made such reckless decision. I should be protecting my employees" Wang Yibo reiterated, his tone filled with regrets and anger.