Chapter 3

Gulf walks inside the office, seeing the room littered with staffs, all chatting in hush murmurs. He sees some staffs gazing at the notice board, chatting with each other.

Ignoring the fuss, he went to his friend, Zhan who was, as usual busy on his computer, designing ads for the company.

Even though Zhan was only an intern, his outstanding talent in designing garnered lots of admiration. And just within two months, their manager, Mr. Team had already entrusted him with important projects. Hence, Zhan was a busy man on his own.

"Where did you go? " Zhan greets, his innocent smile putting Gulf at rest.

"I just wanted to have a smoke" He answered nonchalantly.

"Hey, have you check? It's official, the company is now going to be under both Wangs and Jongcheveevats." Zhan informed him the little knowledge he know, pointing to the notice board.

"Is that what's written in the notice board? " Zhan nods. "Great, so, who's going to be our official boss?" Gulf asked, feeling defeated.

"Usually in a situation like this, Mr. Team probably is the potential candidate unless one of them decides to stay back here and handle the company."

Hearing that comforted him. At the moment, he wish to work under anyone other than Mew.

"Anyway, tomorrow is the big announcement. They're throwing out a press conference here in the office tomorrow followed by an after party" Zhan added.

"Are we invited too?"

"More like assigned to". Zhan states, eyeing Gulf up.

"Fucking great" Gulf mutters under his breath, loud enough for Zhan to hear it.

"You've been entirely strange the whole day" remarked Zhan as Gulf excused himself back to his working place.

Meanwhile Zhan looked at his friend who was losing his mind for reasons unknown to him. He had never heard Gulf swear unless he was deeply annoyed about something. But perhaps, he didn't know the young man enough, he assumed.

Shrugging his thoughts off, he smiled, satisfied at the logo he had designed. Ever since, he was young, he had always been passionate about art and designing and had dreamt of opening his own studio someday. He felt his life was slowly beginning to kick-off after a hiatus in his career.

"Zhan" Suddenly, Mrs. Amanda appeared in front of him. "Could you please take these files to boss' office and ask him for his signature? As you can see, we are really busy here. " She said which in her own way was not a question but an order.

Zhan reluctantly took the files and headed to the elevator once again. Ever since the unfortunate encounter earlier in the day, he wish, there was no longer a second meeting between him and his boss. But life was known to surprise people.

When he reached his boss' room, he heard a flirtatious giggle from inside and the room was ajar. After a moment of hesitation, he knocked on the door but it automatically opened, allowing him to see Miss Jane, their manager straddled upon Wang Yibo, his boss's laps, who was reclining against the chair.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, my bad, my bad" Zhan kept apologizing, bowing his head in shame and quickly closed the door.

He stood outside, gulping as his heart pounded heavily. He hated how he kept meeting Mr. Wang Yibo in the most awkward situation.

Within moments, he heard sounds of heels clacking on the floor and the door creaked open. It was Miss Jane. She stared at him briefly and buttoned up her blouse, "you can go in now" She said with ease, wished him luck and left.