Chapter 2

"Gulf! "

Xiao Zhan's voice filled up the room, waking him up from the uncomfortable memory he had been reflecting to. He was not suppose to meet Mew anymore in his life. He thought, everything has been left in the past but now, if he is unlucky, he would be working under Mew, every single day. And it terrified him.

"Gulf, You okay?" A concerned Xiao Zhan asked again. In the entire one month, he had known Gulf, he had never seen the young man lost nor afraid. He have always known Gulf to be a polite, quiet and a hard working, young man. It was one of the reasons why they got along so well with each other. "Are you done printing those out?" He asked, pointing to the papers, placed above the printer.

"Yeah, I am done. " Clearing his throat, Gulf answered. "Zhan, is it time for lunch already? " He asked, wondering how long he has zoned out. Even, Amanda had already left, he didn't know when.

"There's a staff meeting going on. We, interns have a free time today." Zhan answered, smiling at him intently.

As usual, Gulf and Zhan went to the usual cafe outside the office. It was a simple, small cafe run by a lady in her mid-forties who, despite having a large voice was kind and cheerful.

"Hey guys! It's a nice day for hot coffee." Their good friend and colleague, Mild along with Alison joined them who were both equally loud and witty.

"Mild here wants to spend his handful amount of money buying coffee for us" Joked Alison as Gulf and Zhan stared at Mild waiting to hear him say something in his defense.

"Maybe not handful but enough to pay for the three helpless soul here" snapped he playfully while pulling out one of the empty chairs across them and sat down.

"Gentleman, you are". Zhan added

"You sure must have known that by now or else you're being just a fool." Mild snapped playfully.

"You and gentleman? Isn't that a little too much?" Alison curiously raised the question.

"Not much young lady. Here is your coffee" said Mild as the waitress attended their table with the coffee while Mild circulated the cup among themselves.

The office working environment had always been pleasant and comfortable and that was one of the reasons why Gulf loved working here so much.

"So, did you guys saw our boss?" Alison shrieked, "I mean, it's almost unbelievable how gorgeous he was. I hope he has a good nature behind that cold face. "

"Ladies" The three men sighed in unison.

"Alice, remember, you're just another employee for him. " Mild jest for which he earned a slap on his shoulders from Alison.

"By the way, any information on the person who's buying the company? " Xiao Zhan asked and ultimately, Gulf's breathe hitched.

"I heard they're going to 'share the company' not 'sell off the company' completely. Looks like they found a great deal at the suburbs of Marilyn and Boss has been looking for a partner to take up that project for a while. It seems they share a really good relationship. " Alison said and her information was considered legitimate for she was the only one working close to the higher authorities.

Among all of them seating there, she was the senior most in her job and was soon to be transferred off to the higher office. While, Mild was a regular staff and no longer an intern. Hence, their information and wisdom were to be trusted.

"Anyway, the person buying the company is Suppasit Jongcheveevat. Heard he actually was supposed to be an heir but there was a fall out with his father, I heard. But he turned up to be successful on his own. " Mild added and the more Gulf listened, his heart palpitated faster.