Chapter 14

Please do excuse the errors 😁 I didn't even check the spellings this time. ❤
Thank you if you're already here
______

"Sleep with me in return".

It was a bolt from the blue; absolutely senseless but it tingled Gulf's heart. Does this mean Mew still has a thing for me? Gulf could sense that Mew was throwing mixed signals at him but he wasn't sure how safe he felt.

"Stop looking at me like that" Mew distracted him making him realize that he had been staring with his widened eyes.

And suddenly, the situation lightened up when Mew started laughing hysterically. Beautiful, was all what Gulf observed. It has been a while since he last admired Mew and his irresistible charm but he decided to brush it off because he know, Mew was not to be trusted again.

"Well, that's not funny" Gulf retaliated along with a smirk. He had no idea why but he was glad that Mew flirted with him and that Mew took his time to listen to things he has to say.

"Well, to be honest, I'm not sure what Yibo and the board of directors will say about your friend but if he wants a job, " Mew took a card out from his pocket and handed him, " He can come searching for me here. His position is open"

An excited Gulf gladly accepted the card. "Well, thank you very much. This definitely will make him happy" He said genuinely.

"So, what do I get in return?" Mew persisted in his teasing making Gulf lock his eyes with him awkwardly.

Those deep brown eyes were demanding, dominating but attractive. And it shoot a chill down Gulf's spine. "Wha-what can I give you?" Gulf asked shyly, not understanding why he was eager to please the attractive man sitting in front of him suddenly.

"Well, we are friends... So, let's say...dinner" Mew proposed

"Sure! I can do-"

"At your place"

"Hm, what?" Gulf amazed.

"Dinner at your place, tonight. Is that too much?"

"Uhm... I guess th-that's alright"

"Alright, I'll see you later. You may now get back to work" Mew stood up to leave winking at him. And that wink alone made Gulf's heart pound fiercely.

Mew understands the historic progress he had made with Gulf and at the same time his enthusiasm and relish for the dinner was obvious. He loved how easily he could bring Gulf under his control and he liked it that way. And for that, he had to thank his power and wealth.

At the same time, he also believed that if Gulf was standing up for his friend, Zhan then Mew believed that Zhan must be innocent. Besides, there seem to be something fishy about the entire case.

Reminding himself of Gulf's smiling face, Mew walked in to Wang Yibo's office.

***

Wang Yibo was reclining against his chair when his friend, Mew walked in. It had been a long day for him and somehow, Xiao Zhan occupied his mind. He was feeling guilty about the way he handled those accusations against Zhan because as far as he has seen the young man, he seemed pure and innocent.

"What's bothering you?" Mew asked relaxing on the chair opposite him.

"Hmm, the case... It's odd" He sighed aloud, turning at him.

"I think it's weird that both the case only relates to Zhan"

"Hmm"

"Would you like to reconsider the decision?"