Chapter 7

Gulf wakes up feeling like his head would explode along with a terrible headache. He shouldn't have drank so much the previous night but he lost control of it. He doesn't have a specific reason what made him drink beyond his limit. Perhaps, the reminiscence of the past and the current situation between him and Mew bothered him.

However, the image of how the man he was angry at came to his apartment and cleaned him flash his mind. He takes a look at his room and captured the wet clothes neatly piled on the sofa, and regretted how he didn't get to thank his boss 'Mew' which leaves him even more indebted. And it irk him. He must have appeared desperate and vulnerable, he feared.

Suddenly his phone started ringing taking him away from his uncomfortable thoughts. It was Xiao Zhan. Reluctantly, he picked the call to listen to his friend's concerning tone.

"Hey, how did you wake up?" Zhan's voice came from the other line.

"Uhh...Zhan, I don't think I can make it to work today. Can you write me a sick leave?" He said in his croaked voice. He didn't realized how sore his throat was until he started speaking.

"Shall I come over?"

"No, no. It's just a bad hang over. Why don't you drop in after work?" Gulf suggested as his door bell began to ring. Usually, it was the newspaper or the milkman at this time; 7:30 am. So, still with his phone, he walked to the door lazily.

"Alright, I'll drop in after work and tell you about how you were digging your own grave last night". Zhan mumbled incoherently and went on to say, "If anything, call me" as if he wanted to dodge the conversation.

Gulf, having understood the situation he had put himself in decided to deal with the matter later. At the moment, he just wanted to take care of his hangover.

However, his curiousity got the best out of him. "Wait, Zhan? Did I-- embarrass myself?" He quickly asked and he listened to his friend chuckle from the other end.

"More like you embarrass yourself and our new boss." His friend replied.

Huh!? Gulf's jaw dropped upon hearing Zhan's careless statement and his heart pounded rapidly. He could not believe he had involved Mew in front of his office mate. But then again, if he had not involved him he wouldn't have dropped him home and watch him puke or more like, take care of him.

A little shunned by the news, he opened his door wide only to realize that it was not the milkman nor the paper boy who had been ringing the door bell but it was  Mew.

"Hey! Goodmorning. Can I come in? " Mew asked excitedly while flashing the milk and the paper at him along with his million dollar smile. Gulf only widened his eyes in shock.

"Hello? Are you there? Gulf?" Zhan's voice continued on the lins. He quickly cut the line off citing his need for rest.

"Mew" He gasped unsure of what to say. "What brings you here?" He stuttered without taking his eyes off at an excited Mew. He wondered who could be this happy at such early hours.

"They say that it's always the early birds that catches the worm" Mew teased winking at him which Gulf didn't find funny at all. "Relax, I was taking a run and decided I'd check on how you were doing and brought you some hot soup". Mew said casually and that explained his black and red bordered tracksuits and his messy hair.

But it was no denial that Mew, as usual looked breathtaking. Shyly, he accepted the milk, the newspaper and the soup without a word and made space for Mew to enter although half of his brain conflicted with his actions.

He was aware that he needed to maintain his distance with the man who seemed to be always charming but he also find the need to appreciate and apologize to him and make things even. Hence, he carried on with Mew's pursuit without complaining.