73

"So let me get this straight..... after Thailand, we'll fly back home?" Ga eun asked the oldest.

"But we only have a day left for the concert! That's too soon...." Ria chimed in to which Eunbi shrugged her shoulders.

We were all now gathered around our hotel room's living area. Seated closely after Eunbi unnie got back from a collaboration practice. This is by far my favourite one out of the eight hotels we stayed at. Though the weather is hot, the food made up for it. "We still have to make a comeback, Ria. Kibum oppa already talked with the management. Even all of our sunbaenims will follow along." That made us all ponder.

A comeback? But it's only been two months since we've been away..... It's too soon.

"Comeback preparations tend to have two to three more months so it's just on time." Ga eun muttered silently. Well, she does have a point.

"And basing from the company's style of promotion, they'll probably match our comeback dates with either of the groups." She continued, lifting her legs to place them on my lap. "It surely isn't going to be BTS so," She trailed off, subtly eyeing me to get the message. "That only leaves us to...."

I frowned. "When will we continue the second part of the tour?" I diverted the topic. Eunbi unnie thought for a second. Her eyes subconsciously darting to the ceiling, trying her best to remember. "In July...? I'm not too sure. But one thing I know is that we'll be having a video meeting with Bang PD tomorrow for the details. Our questions will be answered then."

"Ugh... Thank God, I was starting to feel the homesickness. I miss kimchi so bad." Ria groaned from the other couch, patting her face mask back in place. "Girl, you have no idea.... The kimchi from our last buy tasted so horrid. They never get the taste right." I chimed in. Eunbi unnie was about to talk again but a yawn from Ga eun silenced us all.

"I think, that's all for tonight. See you in the morning?" Eunbi unnie and Ria stood up from the couch and patted us on our backs. "Good night, unnie." I waved lazily. Exhaustion making my actions a lot sluggish.

The next morning dragged on slower than I anticipated. A lot of unfortunate events happened. The stage lift somehow got jammed overnight so we had to walk from the openings on the side. Then, Taehyun and Ria's in-ears weren't working. And the traffic early on, oh god. Don't get me started on how the van was moving at a snail's pace.

In short, all of us were in a bad mood. The staff were frantic and our manager was having a really bad migraine. So when the afternoon came, that was the only time we got to relax. We got back from practice and now dressed accordingly for the meeting. I simply wore denim jeans and a shirt. The others apparently had the same idea because now we all matched. All of us wearing a white printed tee of some sort and blue jeans. Kibum oppa has sat beside us on the couch after placing his laptop on top of the coffee table.

"Alright then. Expect to face approximately nine people, girls. We'll talk together with your stylists, choreographer, producers and of course Bang Si hyuk himself. Be on your best behaviour. This will be a long meeting." He prompted us before clicking the accept button for the incoming call.

We all bowed our heads when familiar faces finally came into view. "Long time no see girls! How is the tour experience so far?" Our CEO greeting us enthusiastically, earning wider smiles from our own team.

"It's going so smooth, PD-nim! We're learning so many things from this, thank you." Eunbi unnie took the lead by talking first. She probably felt our uneasiness, her hands subconsciously winding at our sides for comfort.

"That's good to hear! I was worried you kids weren't accustomed to the crowd yet with how sudden we sent you out but I'm more than proud to hear the news." He flashed us again a smile, looking anything but forced. This had me sighing in relief. Bang PD even nodded his head in approval, showing to us how sincere he is with our milestone. Talking to him was still something new to us so when we had meetings like these, we were always at the edge of our seats. "Let's get to the main reason why we're meeting, shall we? I hope Kibum-ssi prompted you prior with the comeback?" We all nodded our heads. Our eyes zeroing in on the folders that our manager individually passed in front of us. PD-nim cleared his throat and proceeded to open the white folder that he has in his hands.

The four of us mirrored his actions when Kibum oppa gave us the go sign. The company logo was the first thing I see. Then the next page had the words "G:NiE 2nd Comeback Concept" printed at the top part of the page with short paragraphs lining the middle of the paper. Some words were highlighted making my eyes notice it first.

Retro Pop

Confetti Colour Scheme

Full Album

The last one has my eyes bulging out of its sockets. A full album? For our first comeback? The others must have caught on to it too because I immediately hear them gasping and freezing in astonishment. It is indeed very shocking. Though, we did surprisingly well with our debut, I still can't help but feel wary. A full album is a huge step. The company seems to trust us more than enough to release this on our very first comeback. I unconsciously gulped. "Now, now. I know that look. You girls should believe in yourself! You haven't even heard the songs yet." Bang PD shook his head in dismay. He eyed us all through the screen. Our silence was a dead giveaway that we were all having second thoughts. Maybe even lost in our own heads as we feel the pressure slowly seeping in our bones.

"I'll have the lyrics and demo tracks sent to you by tomorrow morning. It's better for you kids to have an idea about the comeback before you arrive in South Korea." He added. My brows slightly raised at how he's evidently buzzing with excitement in his seat.

"U-uhm, how long will we practice before the title track releases, PD-nim? Surely, a full length album means we'll take a longer time to prepare." I bravely asked. The chubby man clasped his hands together, his eyes trained and focused.

"Two months."

We all sucked in our breaths harshly. Two m-months?!

——————

Get your free admission to virtually pinch the author for ghosting for four months! Limited slots only!

:>

Hehe. I'm back and a lot more inspired!