56

"I saw them getting too comfortable with each other, hyung!" I sent a glare towards Taehyung oppa as he told everything to my brother. They sat across each other on the sofa and him being petty and childish, added a few scenes that didn't actually happen when he saw us. He's been at it for fifteen minutes now. The storyline just keeps going around, towards different directions. He might actually pass as a director if he wanted to with how wild his imagination is.

Hoseok oppa on the other hand, remained unreadable. His face didn't hold much emotion but what gave him away was how his lips moved slightly upwards as he listened to the exaggerated stories his dongsaeng keeps spouting out. "Nothing wrong with it, Tae. Jiwon's of age already. She knows what she's doing." My chest instantly filled with joy when I hear my brother saying this. His words held so much conviction and pride that it almost made me break into tears again. He trusts me.

"And haven't you signed another contract?" This time he turned his attention to me, his expression softening as he broke into his infamous heart-shaped smile. I nodded my head, my hands automatically lowering to find my sleeves to fiddle. They won't like this...

"It's for publicity. They made us both sign it to make the groups more known internationally. The company thinks we could broaden our fandoms if we come out as a couple." I hear both of them suck in large amounts of air. Them getting shocked by the news is understandable. Idols dating is a taboo topic in Korea. The public doesn't like it when their favorites are already taken. So this marketing tactic is very unexpected.

"I swear, one of these days I will give Bang PD a piece of my mind. He can't just do this to you kids. He's literally playing you like a chess game!" I flinched when Hoseok oppa growled. His jaw is clenched and his hands are fisted tightly. He looks like he can punch someone any moment now. I immediately placed my hand on Tae oppa's arm for support when my brother pounded his fists on the table. His bubbly aura gone and is replaced by a dark brooding energy.

"Hyung, I think the one who needs to calm down is you. As much as I agree with your point, it's still a win-win for both groups. Surprisingly, even Korean fans love them together." Okay, I know I'm completely aware of Tae oppa's 4D personality but didn't he make it clear that he disliked the idea of me dating? He gave me a sheepish smile when he spotted my expression.

"At the end of the day, its still JiJi's say. So Jiwon, are you okay with all of this?" I suppressed a smile when I see them all riled up. It sure is a nice feeling when a person gets a chance to speak up and the people around her actually listens. Both their heads are turned towards me, waiting for me to talk. "Its for my members. I'll do anything for them."

"Fine. But the moment you get uncomfortable with this set up, I'll pull you out no matter what." Everything within me just felt like warm honey. My brother's the best. I loved him to the core. "I promise."

————

Yeonjun ; 최 연준

"Great! Let's go JiJi!" I let out a heavy sigh.

I watch as Jiwon and V sunbaenim disappear into the hall hand in hand. I'm aware that they only treat each other as brothers and sisters but an unsettling feeling keeps punching at my gut. Her steps. Little by little I stare at her form get smaller until I can no longer see her. It's always like this.

I watch her go away.

This time the distance between us is much much clearer. How it constantly screams at me that I cannot get her no matter how hard I try. I bite the insides of my cheeks in frustration. How the hell is she still the same?

I come back and she's still the same person I fell in love with. The one I poured every ounce of my heart and soul out.

I know I've said a lot of painful things toward her but looking back at it now, all of it became empty threats. All of it, futile. And I know deep down, I just said it to at least keep my pride. Its the only thing that's left of me after she threw away everything we built to the trash when she picked the company.

I promised myself I'd hate her. No, loathe her even. To fill my every being with hatred. But all it took was one glance at her eyes. Those warm orbs that made me feel things I never felt with any other. Only her. And I just know, I was done for. She has me deep into her.

I ate everything that I said. What do you know? It's still me who's running back. Desperately finding myself on my knees just to get her back. I don't care how much I lose this time. As long as she's back in my arms.

"Yah... You've been staring at the wall for five minutes now. Hyung, are you okay?" Taehyun nudged me on my shoulder, pulling me back from my thoughts of her. I nodded in the end, my mind's still out of it. I can't focus on anything.

"You're daydreaming about her again... Stop it. You look stupid." I winced when his blunt choice of words slapped me back to reality. I hardened my face and turned to him. "What are you even talking about?"

He rolled his eyes sassily at me.

"All of you underestimate me too much," he trailed, sighing through his nose. A look of disappointment etched on his face.

"Do I have to say it out loud? Her name. I'm pretty sure you won't like that." My brows twitched in irritation the moment a smirk formed on his lips. Kang Taehyun is smart. Too smart that it makes me want to punch him at times. He knew that. God knows how irritated I am when he hits the nail exactly on the head.

"Stop playing with her. Drop the other girl and make up already. I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who uses their head in this place." I frowned when he turned his back against me and headed to our fitting room.

He's wrong about one thing though. I wasn't playing this time around. I needed Yeji. She needed me. That simple.

I clicked my tongue, deciding to trail behind the moody maknae. I have to get ready for tomorrow. We have to make a great show.

—————

👁👄👁