58

"He's looking here again.. Pretend you don't see him!" I smacked Ga eun's head when she not so subtly checks out TXT sitting in the front row seats.

They've just finished mapping out the stage so it was our turn to practice. This is our last scheduled rehearsal before the concert tomorrow night, the rest of the day Kibum oppa said will be our break. We'll be free to roam the city.

Ga eun's right. I do feel his eyes on me, my cheeks growing a pink tinge because of how intense and heated his gaze felt on my skin.

I exhaled loudly through my nose. I think this is my twelfth time doing it in just the span of five minutes. We were on water break and the girls seem to like teasing and shoving into my face how Yeonjun's eyes never left me.

I sighed again when I hear them talking in hushed whispers. I swear to god, if I get distracted and manage to trip on stage and break a bone, I am suing.

I glared at the wall when I hear them giggling this time behind my back back. "I can hear you all, you know." I sneered as I turn to them. They all had knowing looks, jumping on the balls of their feet here and there as they look at the clock ticking in the corner. They are loving this too much, its scaring me. Eyes shining so brightly, hinting how they were all invested in what they had plotted.

"Just relax, Jiwon... Stick with the plan." My frown deepened. Easy for them to say. They weren't the ones who'll make a fool out of themselves if ever the plan didn't work out. Oh god. My dignity is on the line. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Trust us. It'll work." Ga eun pat my head. Her lips shaking ever so slightly, she was trying so hard to keep the smile from showing. I narrowed my eyes at her. This girl was not taking me seriously. "We'll be here, unnie. Chill." Ria chided in, flashing me a cute smile. I slumped my shoulders.

"Okay.... But the moment I get humiliated, you guys will treat me for lunch." They all simultaneously shook their heads eagerly. This made me scoff. The three of them must be so bored out of their minds for them to go all out with taking matters into their own hands. Was I that slow?

They even got Felix to convince me to say yes to this shit the other day.

And I can't believe I said yes.

Yongbok:
Sooo how u doin?
Hehe
Sent 10:37 pm

Jiwon:
Lix, its literally 5 in the morning there in Korea....
Sent 10:37 pm

Yongbok:
Uhh.. your point?
Sent 10:38 pm

Jiwon:
Ok
What do you want?
Sent 10:38 pm

Yongbok:
:0
Nothing, I swear!
And what makes you think
I want something??
🤨🤨🤨
Sent 1o:38 pm

Jiwon:
Yongbok-ssi, u hate waking up early...
I even have to call a thousand of times before you can even look at your damn phone
So spill
What do you need?
Wait
Are you in trouble?!
Sent 10:39 pm

Yongbok:
No no!!
Ugh
fine!
So the girls talked to me
Sent 10:40 pm

Jiwon:
Fuck no
Sent 10:40 pm

Yongbok:
Oh c'mon!
They promised me snacks
from different countries if I manage
to convince you! :>
sOO SAY YES!!!
Sent 10:41 pm

Jiwon:
What do I even get from this?
Sent 10:41 pm

Yongbok:
Duh
That moody ass lover boy
Is that even a question?
Sent 10:41 pm

Yongbok:
Pretend all you want Jung Jiwon
I know you still like him
AND I WANT MY SNACKS SO
SAY YES ALREADY
Sent 10:42 pm

Jiwon:
Fine
But f u
You friggin sold me to food you ass
Sent 10:42 pm

Yongbok:
I knew you love me
:'))
Sent 10:42 pm

Jiwon:
Get lost
Sent 10:42 pm

I anxiously tapped my foot on the ground. The tapping on the wood making squeaking noises. I shivered when the cold wind caressed my skin. It sent goosebumps everywhere. Now I'm definitely shaking.

This was it. We were starting. Whatever happens tonight, I will wholeheartedly accept. I stood straighter on my spot and cracked my tense bones. I probably look funny — like an MMA player ready to win a fight. But in reality the only thing I'll be using is my mouth. To finally get to talk to him about the past and to finally settle on the same footing as him.

Alright, Jiwon. Stop being a coward. You can do this.

I scanned my eyes on the set, trying to find my target. He was supposed to be here already. Of all times, he had to run late today. The world is probably giving me a sign. You still have time to back out and run for the hills, child. Do it now.

I was seconds in on dashing through the doors when Yeonjun stepped out from the shadows, he was slightly out of breath and was fixing his shirt from nonexistent creases. He was wearing a fitted white v-neck shirt and denim high waisted pants. My eyes bulged out of their sockets when my eyes trailed up towards his face. The area on his forehead in particular. He styled his fringe to the side, making him look more on the manlier side. His forehead was exposed. Jesus Christ this is illegal. I didn't sign up for this.

I flinched when his eyes darted towards me. He offered a small smile and jogged towards my spot almost immediately. Shoot. I'm panicking. I began to fiddle with my clothes, pulling at exposed threads on the edge of my shirt. My head started getting foggy and my ears started ringing. I sucked in a breath when he finally stood inches from me. My lungs burning from the lack of air. "Let's start practice? Sorry if I kept you waiting." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me further to the front of the stage. Yeonjun signalled for the crew to start the song, his hands falling naturally on my hips. Damn it. How the hell am I supposed to stick with the plan when my mind isn't even functioning right? I licked my lips, my hands turning to fists as I grasp for the little amount of sanity I had left before I lose it. I couldn't even focus with him breathing down on my neck. We've done this dozen of times already but I cannot seem to get used to it. Each practice felt like the first time.

This is even more nerve-wracking than when I auditioned for the company. I continued on dancing with him, moves coming out fluidly, perfectly in sync with his.

"Why are you so tense?" My partner whispered in my ear. I gasped. I felt him giving my hips a squeeze.

I flinched from the sudden contact from his hands. The heat from the muscles making me jolt from our choreographed position. I stumbled back a little. The cramped up space from the thrust stage doing nothing to give us space. Out of panic, my feet somehow got tangled with his and next thing I know was everyone was screaming and my body was in so much pain.

God damn it. I fucking fell off the stage. My right arm was numb and scratches littered my legs. "JIWON WHAT THE FUCK?!" I hear my brother scream somewhere in the arena. I couldn't focus on anything. The pain was growing immensely from my shoulder down to my wrist. I froze in my spot when I realise something. Shit...

THE PLAN!

————
Crappy chapter i know. Its just that this week was hell. I got buried with tons of paperwork in school and I don't think they'll stop giving them out anytime soon. So yay!