32

"You heard me. Stop playing dumb." I answered coldly. Yeonjun attempted to hold my hand again but I stepped back quickly. I acted disgusted as I made more distance between us.

"Why?" His voice wavering.

"Yeonjun, we are chained to a contract. It's either you or me who's gonna leave the company if we continued." I ran my eyes to his tired face. Somehow the tears he's been holding slipped out. Dripping continuously like waterfall. "It's better off this way." I trailed. My hands were fisted so hard. I was so close to forgetting everything and just run to him. But I wasn't selfish. Everyone is gonna get hurt if we remained hard headed.

"No, no. Listen to me, Jiwon. I'll give you space. I... I won't be stubborn anymore." The next thing he did brought an indescribable pain to my heart. He slowly got down to his knees and lowered his head down. "Anything you want, baby. I'll do it." His uncontrollable whimpers was the only thing filling the silence.

"Don't leave me. Please." He begged, his eyes now bloodshot.

I shifted my gaze anywhere but him. This sight in front of me is too painful to see. Him begging on his knees for me. I wasn't even worth it. Our relationship was not worth anything over his dreams. But seeing him now, willing to gamble everything just for us, wounded me. 

"Get up please. Now." I gathered my voice and pulled him by the shoulder. "Yeonjun, please get up." He didn't listen. He just shook his head defeatedly. Like a soldier losing in battle. He was biting his lip so hard while his eyes still remained closed.

"Jiwon, I'm so tired." He suddenly said after a long stretch of silence. "I was the only one who continuously fought for us. I probably look stupid now. Now on my knees for a girl who wouldn't even do the same for me." His shoulders shook uncontrollably as he let out cries of pain.

"T-that's not true." I denied. My eyes were welling up as I remember all of his efforts just to see me while I pushed him away again and again.

"You can leave now, Jiwon." Yeonjun croaked out. His voice laced with loathing. "Just don't expect me running back to you like a fool when you decide that you want me again."
I froze. Every word that he said felt like a curse placed on the both of us. I didn't know what to say. Instead I turned my back to him and started walking. Each step sending immense pain to my already bruised heart. "Even if you come close to centimetres. I won't fall, no." It was just a whisper but I still heard it.

The moment I closed the door, I heard him scream on top of his lungs. I stood there, behind the walls. Hearing every painful howls he let out as I did the same. So it was over. Just like that.

I didn't know how I did it. But I managed to go back home. I locked myself in the comforts of my room, blocking everyone as I hear Ga eun and the others try to talk to me, making silent pleas as they continued knocking. This went on for hours. Thankfully they eventually gave up. I didn't know what to do anymore. I felt numb. Thoughts of being an idol and debuting sounded useless now but this is what I chose. I need to continue on even if it means that there wasn't a Yeonjun supporting me now.

Just the thought of it made me let out whimpers.

Days went on like usual. Everyone tried to comfort me but I acted like nothing big has happened. I acted fine. I acted like the old me.

I acted.

I heard the group already flew to Japan. I just hope he was fine there. That he'll still take care of himself.

"Jiwon, someone wants to talk to you." Eunbi unnie came up to me. Her eyes finding mine and broke out into a smile. I forced one out as well, trying hard to make up for their efforts. I nodded, following behind as she lead me in front of a dark wooden door. "I'll be a text away if you need me." She patted my back and went back to the practice room.

I puffed out a breath and opened the door. A stout chubby man was sitting behind the desk, our CEO. I bowed immediately. "You called for me." I was the first one to speak.

"Jung Jiwon, one of our diligent and hard working trainee." He started. His lips breaking into a fatherly smile. "Why didn't you say that you were related to Hoseok?" He clasped his hands and chuckled. My tired eyes widened.

"If he didn't come here and ask for us to pull you out for a few days then we wouldn't find out about it." Bang PD shook his head, slightly disappointed.

"Uhm, pardon?" I said, confused as to what he was pointing out. He cleared his throat. "You'll be spending the holidays with your brother." He announced, surveying my expression.

"But what about the others?" I asked. Even if I was off the hook for practice I wouldn't just leave the girls here spending the cold holidays alone.

"Don't worry about them. They'll also go back to their hometowns the same time as you." He assured me.

There was so many events going on. My head began to feel light headed. And now even the management knew my secret. I frowned.

As I got out, I bumped into a really hard chest. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I said. Bowing a few times, not looking at the stranger. "It's fine. It's fine." I heard him say. The moment I heard his voice my eyes immediately shot up to look at his face.

I squealed, jumping and hugging the tall figure. I felt his chest vibrate from laughing.

"Hello to you too, Jiwon. Long time no see." I heard him say.