35

The next day, I woke up with a pounding headache. I cried too much last night that even my eyes stung from opening for too long. They were extremely puffy. I checked the time on the wall, and it was already 1:00 pm.

I don't know if I should lock myself in my room to avoid questions or simply make up an excuse. The first one sounded very tempting but just as I was about to continue sleeping, a knock was heard outside my door. I hurriedly pulled up my hoodie and asked who it was.

"Your brother." Someone on the other side replied dryly. I frowned. What was making Hoseok oppa act like this? I dragged my feet to the door and cracked it open just a little bit. Enough for me to see half of his grim face. "What is it?" I croaked out. I winced when my voice came out all dry and raspy. I must've scratched my throat from all the crying.

"Let's talk," He exclaimed all too seriously. He had his arm leaning on the wall while trying to get past the hoodie that was blocking my face. I lowered my head even more. "I already gave you plenty of time yesterday. Now, come with me." He didn't wait for a response. He turned his back against me and started walking.

I mustered all of my strength and decided to follow Hoseok oppa. Something was bothering him. That was for sure. And it probably has something to do with me. It made my blood run cold and my hands started to shake.

He lead me to the backyard. I saw him already sitting on the picnic table, waiting for me. He gestured for me to sit in front of him with his hands, never speaking a word. "What's up?" I desperately tried to lighten the mood. The tension between us was already making it hard for me to look him directly in the eyes.

"You're dating," He stated with his voice laced with disappointment. My eyes widened. It was like cold water was splashed at me and now I'm shivering. He knew.

How?

"Not just anyone, Jiwon. But another artist in our label." He spat out like acid. My lips quivered. I was now pinching my arms hard. "I agreed to everything that you want. I let you become a trainee. And this is what I hear? Jiwon, you've got to be kidding me." He sarcastically continued.

"I-i..... I'm sorry." That was the only words that came out of my mouth. I hated this. I hate seeing my brother, the person I look up to the most, become disappointed in me. My shoulders shook and I desperately covered my mouth to control my sobbing.

"Oppa, is it wrong to love?" I croaked out. "I tried... God knows I tried to avoid it, oppa. But everything lead me back to where I started." I explained through harsh breathings. His face softened. He immediately looked away from me but I already saw the tears pooling in his eyes.

"I'm not saying it's okay, Jiwon. But you've got to understand how contracts work. Once you violate just a single word on that paper, all of your efforts will turn to nothing. That's not the end of it. You'll get a lot of criticism from fans. Everyone will plague you, hate on you. That's the harsh reality, Jiwon." He gently explained while wiping his tender eyes.

"And I don't want my sister going through all of that. I'd rather die." Hoseok oppa held my hands firmly. My sobs broke out loudly even more. I covered my eyes, I didn't care if my brother sees me breaking down now. Everything just hurt too much.

"I uh..... I can talk to the company and see what I can—" Before he could even continue, I cut him off.

"We already broke up." His eyes widened, sadness overflowing in them. "It's too late." I whispered, closing my eyes shut. Who ever told him the information forgot to tell him this.

"Come here." Hoseok oppa pulled me from my seat. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered sweet nothings. We sat there for god knows how long until I managed to stop crying.

———

"Jiwon, look at this!" Hoseok oppa energetically pointed at a life sized bear displayed on the store. We were now at the biggest mall in Gwangju. My brother practically forced me out of my bed and threw me inside the car. "Should we buy it?" He placed his hand comfortably on my shoulder while peering at my reaction. I shook my head no. He pouted but still pulled on my wrist to continue walking.

"How about we look for clothes? Oppa will buy you cute outfits!" I sighed and shook my head again. "Oppa, I still haven't opened any of the things you bought from America." I said to him.

"How about we eat something instead?" I forced myself to say. My brother's face lit up and he nodded his head enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes when he brought me to an expensive restaurant. God, he was so extra.

"JiJi baby, what do you want?" He turned to me smiling. The waitress beside him gasped at the endearment. I just hope she wasn't one of his fans. "The same as what you are getting, oppa." I awkwardly said as I continued to watch the waitress. Her mouth formed into a small 'o' as she wrote down everything my brother was saying. Dang it. She already formed conclusions inside her head.

I let out a sigh of relief the moment she stepped out of earshot. "I'll be going back to Bighit in two days. We'll start practicing our performance stage for the award shows." He said dejectedly. I playfully scoffed and gave him a small smile. "I'll be watching you guys perform, you know. Jinnie oppa gave me tickets." I told him.

His already wide eyes widened even more. "Then that means you'll see him." He raised his brows challengingly at me. To which I froze. Fuck. I did not think of that.

Why have I not thought of that?!

Hoseok oppa patted my shoulder comfortingly. "I still think, you should have dated Hueningkai." I screamed.

———

I hope you like this chapter :)

Your votes and comment really inspire me to write! Love you all 💜💜💜