63

The concert at Wembley had just finished hours ago and now we were all seated, flying off to Australia this time. I heard from our manager that this flight would be extremely long. Almost about a whole day. I plugged in my earphones, my fingers running through the playlist I prepared just for this specific moment.

"Can you pass me the eye mask please, Jiwon?" Eunbi groggily said while rubbing her eyes.

I silently passed it to her. Humming lowly in response when she thanked me. We were flying business class this time. I can't help but bounce excitedly in my seat. My hands poking and prodding over the compartments and the 'freebies' surrounding my area. I can't believe this is what my brother experiences in every flight.

After about thirty minutes of taking pictures of the clouds, my eyes finally grew tired. I stifled a yawn— stretching my arms before finding the perfect position to sleep on. I went off like a light the moment my head hit the pillows.

I only woke up a few times when meals were served but aside from that, I slept like a baby.

"Jiwon, you stay with Ria this time. Hold on to each other. I got information that reporters are flocking the arrival areas." I nodded my head, obediently holding the maknae's hand with my left to reassure our manager.

I stepped back a little, astonished because of how all the cameras instantly pointed at us when the doors opened. It made my eyes slightly sting from the brightness. All of them spoke simultaneously, making my heart drop to my stomach, an unsettling feeling instantly replaced my bright mood. They practically shouted every words, desperate for us to give them attention.

"Jiwon! Jiwon! Is it true that you also caused Yeonjun's leg injury?!" I gripped Ria's arm tighter as we tried to walk past all of the reporters. It actually scared me because half of them were from well known Korean TV stations. I don't know how they got here so fast.

"Can you tell us what happened please?"

"His fans are starting to dislike you... What's your take on this?" We had ample of guards clearing the way for us but because of how many artists the airport currently had, the number of paparazzis doubled. This made it easier for some to actually touch us. It started to go out of hand. Some where pulling at my clothes, tapping on my skin and yelling in my ear. I can hear Ria whimpering beside me, terrified at how rabid they looked.

"How about J-hope? He's your brother, right?" I nodded my head briefly, silently wishing that answering one of their questions will miraculously make them stop. We quickened our pace.

I couldn't smile anymore. The guilt from the previous incident was brought up again. I didn't know why but it made me feel ten times shittier because this time, the truth was being shoved in my face. How the people saw the accident as intentional. That they think I was capable of doing things like that. My eyes began to heat at the corners. I tried to blink the tears away but it just kept on piling inside my eyes.

"We heard you got in the company pretty fast. Did you use him? Your brother?"

With that one question I stopped in my tracks. My mind had blanked. I raised my head to look at the side, finding the eyes of the person who bravely said it. My eyes zeroed in on a man who had a smug look. He looked proud that the question finally made me stop.

I narrowed my eyes when his line of vision passed from me to something behind. When I looked back at him, he was already rocking back and forth on his feet, scared of something behind me.

Somehow all of the reporters quieted down when someone from the back came stomping towards the reporter's direction. I gasped when Hoseok oppa gripped the man's shirt. His shoulders were stiff and his teeth were clenched so hard as he stared down at the man.

"What the fuck did you say?" I was shaking now. I didn't expect my brother to hear him. His tone was terrifyingly calm but his face showed how much he loathed the man. He didn't wait for him to speak. He edged near him, veins popping on his neck.

I have never seen him this angry before. It scared me.

"JIWON EARNED THAT FUCKING SPOT! SHE SACRIFICED A LOT TO GET IN THAT POSITION! THE COMPANY CLEARLY SAW EVERYTHING. MY SISTER IS TALENTED. SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU." Hoseok oppa seethed. I'm genuinely worried because his shoulders were shaking and his hands— oh god. His fists were clenched so tight, veins were starting to show. Some of the staff and Kibum oppa tried to get him away but he stubbornly elbowed all of them. His eyes were still fixated on the now shaking man.

Despite how winded I was, I still found myself walking towards him. I encircled my arms around his and gently tugged to have him moving. "Oppa.. Come on." I smiled at him reassuringly when he finally tore his gaze away from the man and back to me. His eyes instantly became red, lips shaking slightly from the pent up emotions. Oh no. I know that look. I knew it all too well.

Self-loathing

He's blaming himself.

I don't know what happened next. Everything became a blur. My head throbbed and I felt nauseous. My ears were ringing and all I can make out of the situation was we were finally moving. A hand pulled us to the direction of the van.

The rest of the ride to the hotel, I completely zoned out. My blood was still running cold. I can't help but worry. This was the first time Hoseok oppa lost his composure in front of the camera. Articles upon articles were probably made by now. I closed my eyes, biting my lips harshly that it drew blood.

Now you did it, Jiwon. You even tarnished your own brother's career.

I dug my teeth deeper into my lips when a sob almost broke out. My heart clenched excruciatingly tight that my hand unconsciously lifted up to my chest, clawing at the area to ease the pain. The girls felt it. They probably knew that I was crying in the back seat. They had their mouths shut. Only the radio made sounds that slightly eased the tension in the car.

My breaths had turned to pants now. It was a lot harder to breathe because of how I kept the sobs down the whole time. I started feeling dizzy.

"Jiji, wake up." I felt a hand lightly tapping on my cheek. I groaned, swatting the hand away.

"You need to eat lunch. Come on. Get up." The voice became louder, making my eyes finally crack open. I quickly held my head, feeling nauseated because of the throbbing pain. What happened?

"You fainted in the car. Kibum hyung called so you're here in my room." Yoongi oppa said while leaning on the wall. My brows furrowed.

What?

"My room is the closest so we brought you here. Hobi went out to get us lunch. And the rest of the twats will file in any moment now." The time he finished explaining, the door bursted open. The boys' noisy chatter immediately filling the silent room.

"How are you feeling, Jiji?" Jin oppa was the first to notice me. His smile slowly vanishing. The rest of them had halted when they heard the eldest talking.

"We already handled the situation. Don't worry," The tears I held in broke out again when all of them circled me. Some of the boys had laid a comforting hand on my shoulder. "As for the jackass, we filed a case against him."

"So stop crying. It's all fine now." Tae oppa held both of my hands. His fingers were more delicate on my right, feeling the cement on the pads of his hand.

"Okay." I managed to say between hiccups.

I reassured them with a smile. I knew that it didn't fully reach my eyes but I silently thanked the heavens when they returned it with their own. Somehow I knew that they were hiding something. They were intentionally keeping me in the dark.

How bad was it?