33

"Hello to you too, Jiwon. Long time no see." I heard him say.

I didn't respond immediately because of awe. I mean, the company was big so I didn't really expect to see him here or even get a chance to talk to him. Oh, right.

He was my sunbae now.

I mockingly did a bow and greeted him, chuckling when I hear him playfully scoff.

I surveyed his features. Damn. The last time I saw him was when me and my parents visited Hoseok oppa to congratulate them for their debut. And boy did they all look skinny and awkward. I remember him just being a few inches taller than me but now he was a friggin tower.

"Wow. What the heck." I drawled out. His shoulders even became more broad if that was even possible. He has become more handsome now. Talk about a proper glow up. "Ouch! Too shiny!" I dramatically covered my eyes, acting as if his presence was too bright.

His familiar squeaky laugh resonated through the hallway. Glad to know that he was the same oppa that I would come for advice when I was little.

"Have you eaten? C'mon, oppa is gonna treat you lunch!" Jin said pulling me by the arm. I slightly stopped on my tracks, hesitating a little. "Uhm. Oppa, we still have practice..." I gave him a 'maybe next time' look and patted his arm gently.

"No. I insist! If they ever scold you then just mention my name. No one can ever go against me in this company!" He said slightly laughing. I frowned. He didn't take me seriously.

"I'm serious, oppa. If ever someone was late for practice they have to stay another hour as punishment." I carefully explained to the older person. I didn't know how their training worked in their time but we had strict rules here since we were still rookies.

"I'm serious too, Jiwon. Now tell me who's your manager so that I could talk to him." He said, staring at me intently. Woah. Jin oppa suddenly looked like he would grow out claws by his expression. He exuded power and authority. What the heck. "Uhm. Oh Kibum." I squeaked out, now intimidated by him.

His expression quickly shifted, now he was smilingly at me. "I know him!" Jin oppa quickly grabbed his phone from his back pocket and typed in a message. He was humming while loudly hitting the keys. "There! We can go now!" He linked his arm around me. There it was again. His bright attitude. I chuckled.

"So how are things with training, JiJi? Is it hard?" Jin oppa asked me. His eyes were trained on the food while he busily stuffed his cheeks.

"It's exhausting, oppa. But the whole process of making music is so fun." I told him. Somehow his appetite was rubbing off on me. I started to eat. "Make sure to finish that. You are too thin." He said in between mouthfuls of food. I chuckled. Oh, how I missed hanging out with them.

All seven of the boys used to hang out in our house when I was still in high school. I have gotten close to them because they were the only ones who was willing to play with me. But soon lost connection when their careers took off. They were too busy to make time. 

"Oh which reminds me! The reason why I visited the company was to give you this." I curiously peered at him as he searched for something in his bag. "Aha! Found it."

He brought out four tickets to who knows what. I tilted my head, still not getting it. "What's that?" I asked him.

"This, JiJi are tickets to MAMA! I brought four so you can take your other members!" He smiled brightly at me. I instantly became excited. Those tickets were sold out days ago. We couldn't buy one ourselves because the only time we got free time was already late in the evening. "Oh my god! That's amazing oppa!" I squealed when he handed the tickets to me.

"Thank you so much." I gave him a wide grin.

"As long as I get to see that smile of yours then we wouldn't have a problem." His eyes now had a mysterious glint in it as he stared at me. "How are you these days?" He suddenly asked out of the blue.

My smile instantly dropped. That was one of the questions I had a difficult time answering. Was I okay? No. Should I tell him? No.

I just gave Jin oppa a tight lipped smile. Hopefully it looked bright enough to convince him that I was. I mean, I was getting there. I just need to bury myself more with loads of work so that I can distract myself.

He furrowed his brows. Crap. He sensed it.

I really don't feel like talking about it. It was already painful enough and I don't know if I can relive it again and tell another person about my personal baggages when clearly they wouldn't even understand.

"Oh, look at the time! Its already late. I think we should get going." I shot up from my seat. "Huh? Wait!" I didn't even wait for him. I hurriedly walked out of the café. I felt very suffocated in there.

"C'mon, I'll drive you home." I flinched when I felt Jin oppa's hand on my shoulder. I just nodded at him, lowering my head so he wouldn't be able to see my now bloodshot eyes.

My mind must have been too preoccupied because the moment I looked out the window, the roads were now leading to Gwangju. I gasped. This wasn't the way to our dorm! "Oppa, why are you bringing me home?!" I practically shouted. I was panicking now.

"Hush! Just thank me later." He said dismissively.

—————
:0

This is another filler chapter but a bit of a helpful one to build the storyline.

Did you guess it right away that it was Jin? 😂😂

PS. Everybody thank Soobin! I got motivated writing this because of great news! He's finally given the chance to become an MC in Music Bank! Omg