47

"You took too long! Noona, do you even know how hot it is to wait outside in this kind of weather?" Kai rambled on as we both headed to the bus stop. I rolled my eyes. He was being dramatic again. If I know, he's just bluffing so that I'll treat him to free ice cream.

"What do you want?" I lazily turned to him, raising my brows. His frown immediately turned to a look of mischief.

"Ice cream!" He screamed like a three year old.

Yep. Called it.

"Fine, fine. Walk faster or we'll miss the bus." I took his wrist and urged him to brisk walk to the nearest bus stop.

"Oooh! I'm so excited!" Kai bounced on his feet when we sat on the benches. Our date is finally getting fulfilled. It took us about four months to finally clear everything. Today our schedules matched so we immediately took the opportunity to go to Lotte World.

"The bus is here. Come on, noona. Quick!" Kai practically dragged me inside the bus the moment it stopped at our spot. Oh god. We haven't even arrived but I feel tired already. Kai acted like he was high on sugar. Bouncing every minute when he remembers where we're going. This was going to be a long long day. I could feel it.

"Here, wear this." I pulled out a mask from my bag and handed him that together with round glasses that matched mine. Thankfully his hair was something that blended well with everyone. It was dyed brown. "The trip is going to be pretty long. 45 minutes tops is what I read on the internet." The younger one spoke all too seriously, his eyes were still trained to his phone. Reading through articles. I chuckled. He acted like a complete tourist.

"Relax. Noona's gonna handle everything." I pat his shoulder and dug through my bag again. I reached for my phone behind my jean pocket and plugged in my earphones. I handed the other bud to Kai and relaxed my back against his side once I settled on a good song.

I must have drifted off to sleep because the moment I peered out the window, the giant sign of the Amusement Park greeted my line of vision. People were already filing out of the vehicle.

I turned to my companion who is also deep in his sleep. "Ningning, hey. We're here." I harshly shook his shoulder. His eyes cracked open, revealing red and tired eyes. I laughed at the adorable sight. I pulled him up and lead him to the entrance.

"Quick, let's get in line." My eyes widened at the younger one's sudden burst of energy. I was assuming that he'll be a bit moody because of his sleep being cut short but here he is, pulling me by the hand to the long queue.

"Should we eat first?" I asked him once we both received our bracelets. Kai shook his head and lead me to the array of booths.

"Plushies first." He cutely said. Oh god. I almost melted right then and there.

"Show me what you got then, kid. Where do we start?" We stopped at the very middle. We were having a hard time choosing what to play first. "Oh, oh! I know!" Kai dragged me again to what looks like a basketball themed booth.

"Noona, I'll have you know that I have a good history with sports. Especially in basketball." He gloated. I just rolled my eyes and payed the staff for 5 balls.

"Then I guess we find out here. Get me that unicorn over there." I pointed at the white unicorn plushie that had rainbow hair. "Too easy~" I heard him muttering before rolling up his sleeves. Kai positioned himself in front of the basket and did a throw.

He missed.

I tried to suppress the laugh and quickly turned away when he looked at me.
"T-that was just a warm up. I was only testing the distance of the hoop." He began to ramble. I pat his head and urged him to keep playing.

Well. How do I say this..

Kai sucked at the game. He only scored a point out of the five chances. He came to me, shoulders sagged and his lips jutted out into a small pout. "Let's just try another one." He pulled at my arm again but this time I held my ground. I shook my head at his direction and smiled softly.

"Let me try." I neared the booth, paying again for 5 balls. I felt Kai at my side, he was rambling about how it was hard and told me to quit before I embarrass myself. I didn't listen. I only rolled my sleeves up and held the ball firmly. I aimed at the hoop and did a clean shot.

I continued without batting an eye. All the balls went in.

I whistled lowly.

I guess being forced to play basketball with Yoongi oppa payed off. I almost doubled in laughter when I saw Kai's priceless face. His jaw was slack and his eyes were wide open from shock.

"Here's your unicorn. Congrats." The staff greeted me shortly and continued with his work. I squealed and cuddled the soft unicorn.

"I'm a clown." I heard Kai whisper to himself after he broke out of his shock.

We tried everything. And what I mean by everything is every stall that had plushies that Kai thought were cute. He told me that he wanted to add another set of them for his collection. I can tell he was pretty much satisfied because once we sat down at a vacant table in the food court, his hands were overflowing with plushies.

I felt like my legs were going to fall off. Oh god. We spent like four hours just on playing the booths. Kai specifically told me that the only ride he can take was the merry-go-round and the ferris wheel. He was just like my brother. How uncanny.

"Let's dig in. I'm so hungry." Kai placed the tray on our table. He volunteered to grab our food since I was the one who payed for everything. He bought us two slices of pizza, large fries, two corn dogs and a plate of churros. Perfect.

We ate in silence. We practically inhaled everything because of hunger. It took us only fifteen minutes to finish everything.

I sighed in relief and pat my tummy. Now I was fuelled up again.

"You can ask me about it, no. About Yeonjun hyung." Kai broke the silence. I clicked my tongue. He caught me.

He felt it. I know he felt it. The whole day I battled with myself if I should ask him. I stared at him blankly, trying so hard to read his mind.

I got nothing. He was so hard to read.

—————

Yo. So you see we time skipped for a bit.
ü Don't worry tho. We'll get back to everything after a few scenes.

I just figured we needed a small dose of Ningning.