23

"We're lost. Don't ask." I deadpanned.

Kai immediately raised his hands in surrender. Confusion still written on his face.

"I can't believe you'd gotten this far to the waiting rooms." He shook his head in bafflement.

After shutting the door, he held both of our wrists and clicked his tongue. "C'mon. I'll lead you to the bathroom." Ria and I exchanged looks. A prominent blush appearing on her cheeks as she squeezed her eyes shut. Savouring the feeling of her crush touching her hand. Well, technically her wrist.

Upon arriving to the damned bathroom, I couldn't help but internally smack my head. Of course, it was easy to find it now. It magically appeared as we turned near the doors to the stages. Ria and I exited the wrong way that's why we didn't see it the first time. It was literally on the left wing, Ria misunderstood the instructions. I groaned, a frown plastering my face. It didn't help that Kai gave me judging looks as he accompanied us. I know all too well I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"You can go now, Kai. Thanks for helping us." The boy raised his brows as he heard my not so sincere gratitude. We were now the only ones in the hallway. Ria dashed as soon as she saw the bathroom sign. The boy still remained rooted in his place. He pulled out his phone, checking the time he had left. "I still have 20 minutes." He replied. He puckered his lips and swayed back and forth, attempting to do a subtle aegyo.

"Nope and nope. You have to prepare for your performance." I turned both his shoulders and began pushing the 183 cm giant. "But, but noona. . . We haven't had time to hang out!" He grabbed my elbow and tugged on it gently. "You practically forgot about me when you and Yeonjun hyung started dating." I felt guilty. I haven't seen him in days and sometimes I forget to reply to his texts. My heart ached as I see him sulk like a wounded puppy. His head hung low and his hand still rested on my elbow.

I squeezed both of his cheeks to make him look at me. An idea popping inside of my head.

"Tell me when you are free. Let's go to the amusement park!" I smiled warmly at him as to which he returned with a wide toothy grin of his own. God, I just melted. He was just too cute. I wonder if he realised his effect on girls. Kai looked mature for his age. He was tall and had foreign features but his personality screamed the opposite. He is too pure for this world. I swear, I am ready to throw hands if someone messed with this baby.

"Just the two of us?" He looked down on me, eyes full of hope.

I nodded.

"Noona, imagine all the new cute plushies we'll be getting! I'm so excited." I laughed at the sight. He was bouncing to his feet and had his hands clasped together. Kai somehow reminded me of my brother. Oppa also gets really excited when we go out. Except to places with crazy rides though. He would flip. I wonder if Kai liked gut-wrenching rides. . .

"Off you go now then. And don't forget to text me the day your schedule clears." I said. Nudging him lightly to start walking.

"You promise, okay?" He said still looking at me. He was walking backwards to talk to me.

"Of course." I even lifted my pinkie. He mirrored my move and also raised his own.

"So, can I go out now?" A voice coming inside of the bathroom said, making me jump.

"Jesus Christ, Ria. You scared me!" The girl walked out all flushed and sweaty.

"Oh god. It was really hot in there! Now I'm thirsty." I rolled my eyes. I think I'm gonna murder someone.

———————

"Stop squirming!" Ga eun slapped my arm.

"Hey, hey. Quiet down! They are starting!" Eunbi said while her eyes are fixated towards the familiar boys with name tags attached to them.

I watch with amazement as they expertly check their microphones and did vocal exercises. Their fans were already seated. Banners and lightsticks slightly covering my view.

I still couldn't believe that these were the same guys I met months ago. They were all so serious and professional as they began to do their starting position.

First they performed their b-side, Angel or Devil. They were all wearing black street outfits. Then, Run Away right after. The boys all in cute black sailor outfits.

Their recording went smooth. The loud cheers still ringing in my ears as I saw them get off the stage.

If someone told me that they weren't rookies, I would have believed them. They really looked like they have been doing this for years now. Tomorrow by Together really owned the stage. They had all the qualities of an idol. Charisma was oozing as they performed.

As they made their way to the door, Soobin and Beomgyu gave subtle waves of goodbye to our direction. Hueningkai followed the boys. He blew kisses to the fans and made a big heart with his hands as he turned and looked directly at me. As if it wasn't enough, Kai even winked. It earned a few shrieks from the fans. Yeonjun and Taehyun trailed behind the group.

I watched them. My eyes focusing on a particular person. I waited for him to look and wasn't disappointed as his warm eyes met mine. He gave a signal. Pointing to his phone and pretended to scratch his ear.

I instantly knew what he meant. He wanted a call.

"Now that that's done, why don't we head out for lunch?" Manager Kibum broke my staring contest with the door.

I sighed.

Watching him perform on stage gave me these unwanted thoughts. My insides are churning and I felt really lightheaded. I gripped the ends of my shirt tightly as I pushed the thoughts in the back of my mind.