one

Ron and Ginny Weasley decided to take a chance on Xanthie. Xanthie LeStrange. Despite the warnings, negative words thrown at her and the constant glares of disapproval from students and professors alike. Little did they know just how life changing that decision would be.

The ginger boy, although being in Xans year (their 4th year at the castle), had found himself attached to The Chosen One and could not be seen tarnishing that reputation by being caught running around with a LeStrange all the time and so left his littler -and much bolder- sister, Ginny to decide that she was going to solder hers and Xanthie's hips together as if the name meant nothing. 

By the end of the last term of the year, Ginny and Xanthie found themselves closer than ever, even sometimes with Ron sneaking his way into their hangouts. A standard July Saturday (in between Great Hall feasts and Quidditch practice) was spent sprawled out against the sparse blades of grass by the Quidditch fields, trodden down and flattened by the constant practice that just never give them the chance to restore to their lush state.

As the Ravenclaw team bustled their way noisily past the two girls to the fields, Ginny asked what she'd been meaning to ever since she had received a howler one evening during the last meal of the day in the Great Hall. A howler from her very concerned and sometimes very overwhelming mother, Mrs Weasley regarding her declining grades in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Xan?" She spoke, glancing to the girl next to her, laid propped up on her elbows staring absentmindedly at the team, who were now sweeping through the sky on their brooms above her and she scooped her long, ginger hair over one shoulder then lowered herself to the same position, staring up too to watch the blue streaks soar through hoops, chanting and cheering.

"hmmm?" Xan hummed back, looking to meet her friends blue eyes in a brief side glance, trying to keep score of the game happening above her.

"Remember the howler mum sent me the other night in the great h-" She started but was cut off by a snort from Xan, now sat up and looking at her with a hint of amusement in her eyes as she clearly recalled Ginny's scarlet cheeks at her mothers voice screeching about "quidditch is for SMART girls!" and "I'll come and tutor you myself if I have to!" from the parchment to everyone in the Great Hall.

"Do I remember? Let me think...",

Ginny reached over to smack Xan across the shoulder, as the other girl threw her head back in raucous laughter at the memory. Ginny checked over both of her shoulders for any students who may have also recalled the moment in which she wanted the floor to swallow her whole.

"Yeah yeah, terribly funny that I don't have the absolute pleasure of Snape being one of my 3 dads to help me with MY homework" Ginny remarked sarcastically as she quirked an eyebrow up at her friend who was now not finding the situation as funny as she did seconds ago, laying herself back down this time on her front to meet eyes with the ginger.  

"ooh, ouch Weasley, that hurt."  Xan feigned hurt feelings, holding a hand on her chest and one to her forehead with an expression of distraught on her chiseled features, but a slow smirk worked its way back onto her lips. Although, Xan was now curious as to where this conversation was leading. One hand holding up her head, she quizzed Ginny more now.

"Okay, I'm listening. Your grades are god awful and you seem to be a bit..touchy about it," Xan's hand poked Ginny's rib, continuing, "As does mother dearest. So tell me, what can big sister Xan do for you?"

Ginny rolled her eyes looking just like Ron always did in herbology class and folded her arms over her chest, glaring at Xanthie.

"As much as it pains me to say this, you are fantastic at the Dark Arts which I am, by the way, blaming the fact that you live with Snape for that!"