fourteen

Possible T/W for mild sexual assault ! Please stay safe, drink with people you trust and try to avoid being alone when under the influence !!

L x

The group sat around the table, Xan being the only one with previous experience with muggle drinks, decided she was in charge of ordering. The pub they sat in lowered the lights, playing music just loud enough to build excitement as people started filling the seats around them.

"What are we drinking?" Blaise asked, looking around the other three. El and Neville looked at each other, mirroring each other as they shrugged. Blaise rolled his eyes and scoffed as he looked down at Xan.

"I'm in charge of that, Zabini. Don't worry, gorgeous." Xan teased and raised her eyebrows at him, sliding out of the seat opposite him as she wiggled her dress down her thighs from where it had rode up. Blaise cleared his throat a little, gesturing for her to pull it down more. Xan sighed and pulled it down a tiny bit more so Blaise wouldn't be over protective about it, although she was used to him looking out for her like this.

Xan couldn't deny the feeling of the alcohol coursing through her system as she made her way to the bar, leaning her elbows on the wood, instantly feeling them get sticky with whatever was spilled on it.

"What can I get you, darlin'?" A tall, blonde guy with a beard and glasses walked towards Xan, cleaning a glass with a white dish towel. Xan lowered her gaze to look him up and down, subtly.

"I work behind a bar, you need to learn to be more subtle than that." He winked at her and opened his arms at her as if to give her a better look at him as he spun around. Xan laughed softly, her lips perfectly carved out in dark red lipstick. The bartender chuckled and lowered himself into the same position as her, his elbows on the bar too as he leaned into her.

"This place is disgusting, I know you feel your elbows getting stuck to the bar..." He whispered, sending a shiver down Xanthies spine as she slightly blushed and giggled. He leaned back and looked at her again, his blue eyes taking in every inch of her face. Thank god El had done her eyeliner to perfection.

"Gimme something you'd drink." Xan said, confidently as she broke eye contact very briefly to look at the dozens of bottles hanging upside down behind him. He raised an eyebrow at her and stood up straight.

"Make that four. Please." She smiled, looking over at her friends sitting in the booth. El had made Blaise swap with her so she could slide in next to Neville, who looked down at her with a sparkle in his eyes. Blaise was watching Xan, his eyebrow raised at her. She shot him a smile before drawing her attention back to the man pouring her drinks. She watched as his arms flexed, filling shots of dark brown liquid and pouring them into four individual glasses of what looked like lemonade. Instinctively, her lower lip was pulled between her teeth as her eyes trailed down his back, although covered with a t-shirt, she could make out the muscles.

"Four drinks, on the house since I don't see you keeping up with these." He smirked cockily and put the four drinks down on the bar in front of Xan. The aroma coming from them was rich and strong. Whiskey. Muggle whiskey was stronger than Firewhiskey but Xan was confident.

"You doubt me? Ouch." Xan winked, lifting the tray of drinks as she turned to walk back to her friends. Confidence was oozing from her, her heels clicking on the hard floor below her, sitting down next to Blaise as she handed the drinks around the table.

"Don't ask questions, just drink it." Xanthie said and sipped the drink herself. It was surprisingly sweet, the smell filling her senses again but this time she recognised it. Her father used to drink this and now Sirius was the one to drink it, whenever Xan brought some home for him. Neville looked at her nervously, inspecting the short glass in his hand.