two

Snaking her way through the halls with a glare in her eyes, Xan made her way to the Slytherin dorms, the looks and tuts from surrounding students becoming more and more scarce as she descended into the dungeons. Upon reaching the door she uttered the password, no louder than a breath. She hated the word they had used, especially as it was a word she could related to, no doubt Dracos doing.

Xan looked up from her feet for the first time since she had started walking from Ron and Ginny and looked into the dark room, full of charcoal coloured spires engraved with serpents and dark blue flames flickered on each candelabra. Chandeliers hung lowly from the ceiling, not providing anything more than a pretty visual as there was hardly any light protruding from the small bulbs. Absolutely nothing about this room screamed home. It was cold, dark and very often quiet apart from the small ramblings of Draco and his goons. The only warmth coming from one thing, or should she say, one person.

He stood there with a smile spread across his dark features, taunting one of the other students. Dangling the smaller boys wand over his head as he easily towered a good foot over him, she recognised the shorter, stockier boy as Adrian Pucey. Dressed in his quidditch uniform, as she should've been herself.

"Oi Zabini! Leave the man alone, will you? Can't have him slacking at practise later!" She laughed, approaching the two boys with her arms folded across her chest. Blaise lowered Puceys wand and held it next to his own chest,

"Wanna play fetch, Pucey?" He smirked and threw his wand to the other side of the room, Draco pulled from his own bitter conversation as the wand smacked the back of his head, looking at where Blaise and Xanthie stood with a scowl. Adrian followed the piece of wood as he shot Blaise the same look. Xanthie couldn't help but stifle a laugh as her and Blaise watched the argument between the two Slytherins unfold. Blaise looked down at her, slacking a lazy arm over her shoulder.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, stranger?" He smiled, using the nickname he'd used for her since 1st year. He plopped himself down onto the velvet sofa below him, stretching his long legs out in front of him, still looking up at Xan waiting for her to sit. She mimicked his action, twirling the steel ring he wore around his middle finger as his hand came to rest on her knee casually. She fumed at the memory of what had sent her here in the first place, or rather who had sent her storming through the halls.

"Those damn Weaslebee twins, they never could keep their traps shut-" Xan started, not looking up from Blaise's hand on her paler skin, "-especially that Fred." She spat, shaking her head as his name came from her mouth. Blaise simply chuckled, lacing his long fingers between her little ones and clapped his other hand over top, completely eclipsing hers. He was used to Xans fiery temper, had been since he first met her in this very common room four years ago. Their first day of Hogwarts.

"Ah, I remember fondly when I was on the receiving end of that temper." He remarked with a cocky smirk causing Xan to roll her eyes as she felt somewhat embarrassed about their first interaction all those years ago. Her eyes cast over to the coffee table that was positioned right in the middle of the common room, remembering how Blaise had knocked her haphazardly onto it back in first year as he had entered the room. He was fake dueling with Draco and was clearly paying no attention to Xanthie who was standing proudly looking around the room that her mother had told her all about in her younger years. He had startled her out of her trail of thoughts, whisking the image of her mother from her mind with a hard bang as her back had hit the table, Blaise toppling over on top of her.

"You almost killed me, Zabini!" Xan defended, pulling her hands from his grasp and punching his shoulder, barely causing a reaction.

"Always with the theatrics huh?" Blaise laughed and shook his head but looked at her with a glint of curiosity in his eyes as he urged her to continue her rant about the twins,