twenty

A/N Hello and happy V Day to you all ! As a wee something for the day of love i thought i'd throw in another short wee filler chapter. Hopefully this gives you a bit more insight as to the dynamics between certain characters ;)

The early evening soon escaped them, drinks remained full and spirits were still soaring from the news that Sirius and Remus were to be married. Molly had gone into wedding planner mode, sitting on the armchair and discussing colour schemes with Xanthie. Xan and Molly were both excitedly bouncing ideas off of one another, their hands flying in all directions as laughter bellowed from Mrs Weasley.

"It needs to be simple, understated but also eclectic and detailed... Hmmm..." Xan mused, looking at Molly who only laughed and shook her head.

"Impossible to be all of that dear, but we'll make it work.." She smiled, patting Xanthies hand before resting back into her chair and closing her eyes. The food and drink must've been making her weary, and it appeared she wasn't the only one. Xan looked around and saw Sirius leaning back in the sofa, Remus' head resting on his shoulder, both of them with their eyes closed. Charlie, George and Harry had all taken up a game of wizards chess on the coffee table, whispering amongst themselves. Hermione had laid her head in Ginnys lap and drifted to sleep as Ginny and Ron held a heated conversation about the Holyhead Harpies. Fred, Bill and El were sitting on the other sofa, El telling the two boys all about the apartment she lived in above Fortescues in Diagon Alley.

"I've lived there since my 3rd year at Hogwarts, I tried convincing Xanthie to move with me but she was stuck to Lupin and Sirius so I had no such luck." She said with a laugh, Bill smiling down at her and his eyes sparkled as he took her in.

"Maybe Xanthie will move in with you, you never know." Xanthie laughed, walking over to the three of them and sitting herself on the floor in front of the sofa with her back leaning against it. El leaned forward and ruffled her hair, Xan smacking her hand away.

"C'mon, it'd be so much fun, annnnnnd The Three Broomsticks is literally a stones throw away from the apartment!" El said in a sing song voice, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at Xan. Xanthie pondered that thought for a moment and nodded.

"I could do with a few drinks right now." She thought out loud and El smirked, deviously. Xanthie looked up at her and instantly shared her train of thought.

"Wanna leave the adults here to cat nap, could have a few drinks in my apartment?" El suggested, Bill and Fred looked at each other then over at the rest of the group, all scattered around the room. Xan stood, brushing her dress down and lifting her wand.

"Last one there has to come with me to get the drinks from the pub." She said cheekily and apparated to Els apartment, landing in the middle of the small, dimly lit room.

Xanthie took in her surroundings, it looked exactly as it had the morning she had left. Her heels were still sitting at the door, one laying on its side and Xan headed into the kitchen to grab a few glasses. One by one the rest of the group landed in the apartment. Ginny and George landing together and hi-fiving when they realised they were the first two to arrive. Charlie, Bill and El arrived next. Then Hermione arrived, her eyes still slightly puffy as she must've only just woken up. Ron and Harry both landed next, landing on their backs on the floor with groans.

"I'm here! I'm here! And I'm last... Fuck." Fred sighed as he landed, throwing his head back and closing his eyes.

"Let's go then, Weasley." Xan muttered, looking over at Fred. She opened the door to Els apartment and headed down the stairs with Fred following behind. As soon as they were out of ear shot of the rest of the group, Fred started to talk.