nineteen

A/N soooooo, let me know how you feel about the newest couple on the block ;)

"Stranger! Oh how I've missed you!"

Sirius was the first to walk up to Xanthie, enveloping her in his arms instantly and squeezing tight. She grinned and breathed in his scent, nuzzling her face closer to him and ignoring the dull ache that ran through her as he squeezed her.

"I've missed you too, Padfoot." She said and looked up at him, he pressed a kiss to her forehead and pushed her hair back from her face, haphazardly. He pulled her back at arms length and his eyes examined her, settling for a few seconds on each bruise that was still prominent around her body.

"Where did this come from?" He asked, holding her face in his palm as he looked closer at the small split in her bottom lip that hadn't quite healed up yet. Xanthies eyes dropped away from Sirius' just as Remus walked into the room.

"Hello, my love!" He smiled, wrapping one arm around her and pressing her into his side gently. Sirius gave him a look and Remus' smile dropped.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, his gaze flickering between Sirius and Xanthie.

"Look at her, Moony. Her lip, her hands, her legs-"

"You should see her scars!" Ron piped in, earning a smack on the back of the head from El. Ron sighed and rubbed the back of his head, looking down at his lap.

"Scars?" Remus asked softly, laying a hand on Xanthies shoulder. Sirius took a seat at the back of the table, just as Fred appeared in the room. All heads turned to face him and he smiled awkwardly and stood next to Molly and Arthur.

"What'd I miss?" He whispered down to El who only glared at him and looked back at Xanthie who had now sat on one of the chairs at the table and Remus was knelt in front of her.

"I wasn't gonna mention it since I know how much you worry when I'm gone, but I'm fine. I promise." Xan said and showed Remus the scars on her thigh. She felt slightly uncomfortable with her dress pulled up so high in this room full of people, even if she knew them all quite well.

Remus looked at the word 'deatheater' carved into her skin along with a small 'Z '  , his eyes narrowed slightly and he then looked back up at Xanthie, then across to Sirius. Sirius stood and made his way around the table to also bend down in front of Xanthie, he himself gasping at the markings.

"Who did this?" He asked, Remus still not able to take his eyes away from the word. Xanthie shuffled uncomfortably and pulled her dress back down to just above her knees. She searched the room, making eye contact with El then George. George stepped forward and looked between Sirius and Remus with a gulp.

"I ummm- we-" George gestured between himself and Fred, "Found her in one of the shops in Diagon Alley. Didn't we Freddie?" He said, Fred (seemingly not wanting to be involved) only nodded. Remus nodded and looked at them as if urging them to continue.

"She was tied up and a guy we know, Zach, decided he was gonna umm-" Fred started, seemingly finding it difficult to word the situation.

"Have his way with her?" George finished, sounding unsure but crossed his arms over his chest and holding his lips together now, deciding he was finished trying to explain. Sirius' face screwed up as he stood up and looked up at the twins, Xanthie knew where this was going.

"You know the bastard that did this?" He asked, his tone dangerously low. They looked anywhere but Sirius' face.

"You know him and you let him get away? Did you hex him? Turn him into the Ministry? Anything at all?" Sirius continued, prodding Georges chest. George looked down at his hand and then at Xanthie with a 'help me' look on his face.