nine

"Get up, LeStrange." A rough voice muttered, Xanthie stirred awake but remained still, sensing a figure kneeling down next to her on the floor. A large hand pushed against her shoulder, harder than most would push on a sleeping girl.

"Shove off, Ron.." Xan mumbled, pulling the sleeping bag up over her shoulder.

"Guess again, sweetheart." The voice came again, whipping away the material from Xanthies body. Her eyes snapped open and she narrowed them instantly as she noticed it was Fred that was bent down next to her frame. She suddenly became painfully aware of just how scantily clad she was as she was now exposed to him. His eyes glanced up and down her body quickly, only stopping to hover on the exposed skin of her stomach for a second before he lifted his gaze back to her face, smug smirk on his features.

In an attempt to pull the fabric back over herself to cover up, she sat up quickly suddenly feeling a sharp pain in her forehead as it clashed into something hard.

"Fuck.." She sighed and held her palm over the pain now swelling in her head, opening one eye and looking up at Fred who was also now clutching his head with a pained expression, both eyes squeezed shut.

"For Godrics sake, Xanthie. What was that for?" Fred muttered, and looked down at the girl with his honey brown eyes as they squinted open.

"Oh, it's you...I haven't received any more letters yet but when I do, you'll be the first to know." Xanthie remarked and lowered her hand from her head. Fred cast her a look, his eyes flashing briefly with an emotion she couldn't quite read.

"Whatever, just get up. Everyone's already downstairs." Fred rolled his eyes and stood up, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him with a slam.

Xanthie sat up fully now, her back ached from sleeping on the floor, the sleeping bag not providing much comfort. She stretched, and made her way over to the window and looked down onto the garden below. It must've been around 10 am, the sun was not quite at it's brightest but the sky was blue. Xan felt a soft puff of feathers against her elbow, noticing Ares perching himself next to her on the window pane.

"Morning buddy...have you met Errol yet? He's the sweetest old fella you'll ever meet..." Xanthie mumbled, running the back of her fingers over the birds soft feathers.

"You have a habit of talking to that bird don't you..?" Came a voice from the doorway. Could she get no privacy in this house?

Xanthie turned around and softened when she seen Ginny standing in the door, two mugs in hand and Hermione stood behind her, both with smiles on their faces. Xanthie held her hands out to take one of the steaming mugs from Ginny and sat herself back down on the bed, feelings its warmth as she wrapped both hands around it with a grateful smile.

"He's a good listener, ain't that right Ares?" Xanthie giggled and Ares came to perch on her shoulder, nuzzling his beak into her neck. Hermione and Ginny sat down next to Xan on the bed and cooed the tiny owl for a few moments before Xanthie piped up.

"I cannot believe you two let Fredrick Gideon Weasley wake me this morning! Were both of you too busy snogging the chosen one and little red or something?"

Hermione went bright red and Ginny smacked her arm, spilling a small amount of tea from the mug still in Xans hands. Xanthie laughed loudly and steadied herself, carefully putting the mug down now in preparation for any more attacks from the redhead.

"It was mums idea, you know she can sense tension. Consider it a bonding exercise." Ginny taunted, winking at Xanthie who pretended to gag.

Her and Fred? Bonding? Who in their right mind would try and get that to happen? If Xanthie spent more than 5 minutes around him she was convinced she'd lose brain cells. Times two if George was there too.