three

As saturday night came to a close, Xan found herself walking alone and away from the quidditch field. She was contently sauntering along the grass, swinging her bat down by her right side and her left hand pressed to her right rib where a stitch was forming. She knew she shouldn't of let Ron convince her to eat a whole chocolate frog so soon after practise and yet he was surprisingly difficult to say no to.

She was making her way to her locker rooms when she heard a banging followed by some low chuckles from the Ravenclaw locker rooms. Quirking her eyebrow, she walked towards the door slowly (she had learned that in Hogwarts anything could be behind any door). Xan pushed her hair behind her ear, sucking in a breath as she pressed her ear to the old wooden door in hopes she'd hear something other than soft chuckles and whispers that she couldn't decipher. Despite her lungs remaining full for an entire 30 seconds, she heard nothing more than her heartbeat. Xan sighed, giving up hope of finding more Hogwarts gossip to share with Blaise and Adrian and went to walk away from the door, shaking her head when she heard a THUMP against the door, that was it. She had to know what was going on in that damn locker room.

"Ravenclaws, you finished practise hours ago! What on earth are you still doing in there?" Xan spoke, holding her wand to her throat as she did her best McGonagall impression. This was a talent she had learnt down to a perfection simply for the absolute joy of striking fear into Ron at every opportunity. The chuckles died down and a throat cleared behind the door, causing Xan to raise both of her eyebrows, take a step back and cross her arms firmly over her chest. The door squeaked open revealing a small, dark haired Ravenclaw chaser. She looked slightly disheveled and exhaled deeply as she cast her bright eyes up to Xan with a look of pure fear and adrenaline which instantly changed to annoyance when she reached Xans face.

"You are kidding me! I will never learn that you're too good at that impression..." She stated, rolling her eyes and opening the door fully, Xan meeting eyes now with an out of breath, rugged looking Neville Longbottom. He was stood leaning one shoulder against the wall, his eyes never leaving the chasers body as he fidgeted with a small golden chain around his neck. Xan brought a hand to her mouth, really trying to hold in a laugh at the seemingly compromising position she had found the two in. She let her eyes go back to her only Ravenclaw friend, El.

"No...fucking way! You and Longbottom?! I can't believe you're getting more action than me, Ravenclaw!" Xan smirked and winked at El, whose hands shot up in surrender.

"No...no no- I umm-... We..." She stuttered as Neville went disappearing briefly to the other side of the room and reappearing holding a Leaping Toadstool out to Xan, with a lot of difficulty by the looks of it. El looked back at Neville with a blush climbing up her cheeks, Xan shoved her shoulder gently.

"We were doing our Herbology project straight after my practise and my Godric, was that thing difficult to catch once we let it go" She said, watching as Neville pushed it back into a small container gently, with a sigh of relief as he closed the lid and tucked it under his arm, coming to stand once again behind the girl. Xan smiled, but only at El. She knew Neville would not even entertain the idea of looking at her, let alone speaking to her. He did not want anything to do with Xanthie and she completely understood. She knew too well how it felt to have parents ripped away from her, and her mother was responsible for that pain he felt. Xan was still happy, however, that her El had found someone as bright and pure as she was, and now the thought of them doing anything but homework was simply impossible.

"Yeah, you two and your projects" Xan teased, shooting a wink and walking to her locker room, leaving the two behind to deal with their Leaping Toadstool.

Once she had stripped down upon entering the shower room, Xan let her body relax for the first time since she had knocked shoulders with Weasley a few hours ago. The warm water soothed her aching muscles as she ran through strategy again in her head, humming softly to herself and soaping herself up.