twenty four

A/N hey, would you guys be interested if i linked the playlist i use to write to ?? i just thought it would be a fun idea, but let me know if you guys wanna see it < 3

Xans dry mouth woke her up, her lips parted as she sucked in just enough air to keep her lungs full. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, a sharp pain instantly shooting through the left side of her head. A groan escaped Xans lips as she sat up, her back cracking as she did, her arms raising over her head to stretch as she rose to her feet. On her right, El was passed out still, her face pressed into the pillow and her dark hair spilling over her neck and shoulders. Xan laughed slightly and flipped El over so she could breathe, before pulling Charlies flannel closer to her body. She must've slept in it, she thought.

"El, I'm gonna shower. Don't die." Xan mumbled, casting a look over her shoulder at El. A rough grumble left Els body as a response, which satisfied Xan enough. Grabbing a towel, Xan headed out into the hallway to head to the bathroom across the hall. As she tip toed out into the hall, her eyes immediately darted to a head of orange hair, sat on the sofa in the living room.

"Jesus, which one is it..?" She whispered to herself, heading towards them. The orange-headed boy threw his arm over the back of the sofa as he leaned back, remote in hand, flicking on the tv and turning the volume down. Definitely not Charlie or Bill with arms like that, thank god. But, that meant it was one of the twins. Xan pulled her towel from over her shoulder and leaned forward, right next to the boy on the sofa.

"Morning..." She whispered, a giggle finishing her sentence as George turned with wide eyes and his jaw open in shock.

"Fuck, Xanthie!" He whisper-shouted at her, looking at her with a hand over his chest as Xan stood back up.

"What are you doing here, Weasley?" Xan asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at George with an eyebrow raised. He turned to look at her, his eyes glancing down, clearly noticing Charlies flannel but choosing not to say anything. He cleared his throat and looked away from Xan.

"El said we could have a game of quidditch today, we're heading back to the burrow." George retorted, his eyes scanning the tv with a cartoon playing on it. Xan raised her eyebrows and popped her hip out as she watched George, completely taken in by the bright colours on the screen.

"El is having a pamper day with me, Gin and Hermione..." Xan replied, walking to the kitchen to grab a water bottle, shivering slightly as her bare feet touched the cold tiles of the kitchen floor. George whipped his head around to look at Xan before getting up and making his own way into the kitchen, shooting a look at Xanthie from the door frame. Xan sipped the bottle and looked back at George, daring him to challenge her.

"El never shuts up about how much time you two spend together, can't I have her today? She's my mate too, y'know." He said, holding his hand out for a bottle too. Xan stood to one side, unblocking the fridge and gesturing for him to get his own bottle for himself.

"Whatever, El can choose what she wants to do. She'll have to come back here since she's seeing Bill tonight anyway-" As soon as the words left Xans mouth, she knew they shouldn't of. George dropped the bottle from his lips and cocked his head to one side as he looked at her.

"Bill? As in... Bill?" He pushed and Xan looked down, wringing her hands together and biting her bottom lip, not wanting to say anything. When she looked back up, George was leaning one hand against the counter next to her with his eyebrow raised as he pressed for an answer.

"As in, my brother Bill?" George asked, firmer this time.

"Yes. And no, I don't know what it's about. Before you ask." Xan murmured, chugging her water bottle so George wouldn't catch her bare faced lie about the topic of El and Bill. George shook his head, his long hair moving from behind his ear and falling into his face. The two of them stood for a while, like that. George leaning against the counter and Xan sipping her water, neither of them talking or making eye contact.