005; lunch

third person.

as the girl sat on her bed and facetimed her sister. "so you're going to that party as zach's date?"

"yes and he went dress shopping with me. look at this cute dress i got." she turned the camera showing her the mint dress that was hanging on her closet.

"that's really pretty." katy said as the camera turned to her. "wait doesn't he have a girlfriend that messaged you."

"yeah but she's going to be out of town and he said she'll be okay with it but i don't know if she actually will be." rayleigh sighed leaning her head back on her pillows behind her. "he asked if you and mom were going to come out here."

"yeah we talked about it a few times but mom wants to stay in texas because of grandma so to visit maybe." katy replied to her sister.

"okay well i better get ready for bed i have work in the morning. i'll text you in the morning." rayleigh sighed. "goodnight love you."

"love you too goodnight rayleigh." rayleigh pressed the end button and went to her bathroom to shower and get ready for bed.

as she stepped out if her bathroom she walked over to her phone noticing messages from zach.

iMessage

ray🦋
z🐢

z🐢
suprise shawty

z🐢
answer me pweasee

z🐢
rayleighhhh

ray🦋
hello

z🐢
why didn't u answer me
the first time loser

ray🦋
i was in the shower

z🐢
oohh. u like the dress???

ray🦋
already told u multiple times
i love it

z🐢
good. so whatcha doing now

ray🦋
trying to get dressed but u
keep texting me

z🐢
sorry i'm bored and have no one
to talk to

ray🦋
don't u have a gf??

z🐢
yeah but she's not happy rn
so i'm avoiding her

ray🦋
ur just going to make her
more mad

z🐢
no i let her cool down and i'll
call her later

z🐢
u got clothes on?

ray🦋
yupp

z🐢
good. i'm calling u rn

before she could even respond her phone started ringing. "hello zachary."

"hello rayleigh." he replied laughing slightly through the phone. "wait actually can we facetime. i like facetiming better."

"sure."

"okay give me a second." he ended the phone call and facetimed her. rayleigh answered almost immediately. "shawty a lil baddie."

rayleigh laughed rolling her eyes jokingly, "you watch way to much tiktok."

"we don't need to talk about." both of them laughed slightly. "can i sing to you?"

"hold on and you can sing me to sleep because i'm going to bed." she got up turning her lights off and getting in bed. she plugged her phone in and sat it next to her. "go ahead."

he started singing one of the songs off the album as she slowly drifted off to sleep. he stayed on the phone the entire night as he fell asleep.

waking up to her alarm going off she looked to her phone to see she was still on facetime. "zach, you awake?" she said to her phone.

"mhhm." he groaned grabbing his phone from aside of her. "i forgot to end it last night."

"its okay. are you going to the studio today?"

"no we have the day off. i'm hanging out with kay since she leaves tomorrow night." he replied sighing as she got out her bed and made her bed. "do you work." she mumbled back a yes.

"do you want me to bring you some lunch or something?" zach asked her. "and don't even say kay won't be okay with it."

"i guess. chick-fli-a sounds good." she replied with a smile. "my lunch is at 11:35 to 12:15."

"okay i'll bring you lunch later. have fun at work."

"bye zach." she ended the call and got ready for the day.

lunch time was only a few minutes away when the door of her office opened. "special delivery." she looked up seeing daniel.

"zach sent me. he said he promise you lunch and he couldn't make it. so i got myself something and now we can get to know each other a little more." daniel smiled sitting in the seat across from her.

"thank you. how much do i owe you?" reaching down to her purse to pull out her wallet.

"none zach paid for it." he replied as she nodded to
him. "so tell me about yourself." he handed her the box of chicken nuggets and her cries as she started telling him about her.

as her lunch ended the boy stayed a little longer as he had nothing to do. "you're coming to our party right?"

"yeah i'm actually going with zach." daniel furrowed his eyebrows. "kay's going to be out of town and he asked me to go with him after i accepted the invite." 

"oh i'm surprised she's not upset about that."

"he said she isn't but i don't think she knows." daniel shrugged."

"oh well i better let you get back to work. i'll see you on friday at the party or around here tomorrow." daniel said smiling as he stood up.

"yeah i'll be here tomorrow and friday morning. thank you for lunch." she said with a smile as he said bye and walked out of her office.

a/n

what y'all thinking so far???