006; i'm sorry

third person.

as zach pulled up to the daniel's house for their release party he parked his car. "stay there." he said to rayleigh who sat in the passenger seat.

she laughed saying okay as he got out and walked around opening the door for her. "thank you zachary."

the two walked inside being greated by daniel at the front door. "hey guys." he did his hand shakes with zach and then hugged rayleigh. "you look pretty."

"thanks you don't look to bad yourself." she replied before letting go of the hug.

"drinks and snacks are in the kitchen." he told then as they nodded and walked towards the kitchen.

"i never asked how was lunch with daniel the other day?" zach poured both of them a glass of water.

"good we got to know each other a lot better." she replied grabbing the cup from him. "speaking of the devil." zach turned around to see daniel behind him.

"thats me." he smirked

the three of them went to talk to the other boys as more people showed up.

the night went on and their manger just finished thanking everyone for being there right as the album went live.

the party died down some as half the people left. "wanna dance its a slow song?" zach asked rayleigh who sat next to him.

"sure-" the two got up zach taking her hand as they started dancing together. rayleigh's head leaning on his shoulder.

"thanks for coming with me." she lifted her head making eye contact with him. "seriously thank you."

the two locked eye contact and everything seemed to slow down around them. zach looked down between her lips and her eyes as he started moving in towards her and she did the same.

their lips only a few inches apart, "suprise." was yelled from behind rayleigh as the two separated and zach's eyes went big. "what the hell."

"kay what are yo-"

"zach she was trying to kiss you. i told you she liked you more then a friend." kay walked towards them. daniel and corbyn were watching from only a few steps away.

as she got close enough she lifted her arm up and swinging it towards the side of rayleigh's face. kay's hand making contact with her cheek. daniel and corbyn walked in between them. everything seemed to be in slow motion to rayleigh. daneil turned towards her and so did zach.

"rayleigh, are you okay?" they both said simultaneously. "kay what the hell." zach looked towards her.

"what she tried kissing you."

"come on. rayleigh i'm sorry. i'll text you later i'm getting her out of here. daniel can you give her a ride home and take care of her?" daniel nodded as zach grabbed kay's arm pulling her out the front door.

"hey lets go get you some ice or something frozen." daniel said leading her towards the kitchen. he grabbed a bag of frozen peas and handed it to her. "are you okay."

"yeah just stings a little and in shock." she put the bag up to her cheek.

"lets go upstairs where no one is you can have some privacy." he grabbed her hand and walked her up the steps. "uh also i've had a few drinks tonight, why don't you stay here tonight and i'll take you home in the morning."

she just nodded her head as he opened his bedroom door. the two sat down on his bed. "i knew she wasn't okay with it."

"maybe she was and she just walked in in you two almost kissing." he looked towards her as her eyes fell to the ground. "do you like him like that?"

"no it was a in the moment type of thing. i'd never ruin his relationship with her." she pleaded as a tear fell from her eye.

daniel brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. as they locked eye contact. "no stop the last time i made eye contact with someone i got slapped in the face."

"sorry i didn't mean to."

"its okay i just do-" she looked him in the eyes noticing his ocean blue eyes as she started leaning towards him. their faces both becoming closer and closer. their lips soon meeting as daniel's hand went to the back of her hair.

daniel pulled away after a few moments. "i- i'm sorry i didn't mea-"

"no you're fine." she said smiling slightly.

"i'll get you some clothes to wear to bed." he walked into his closet. "here's some sweatpants and one of my sweatshirts."

"thank you." she took the clothes and went into his bathroom to change.

meanwhile daniel went onto his phone to see a message from zach.

iMessage

zach
daniel

-

zach
how is she??

zach
hello???

zach
i can come pick her up i dropped
kay off at her house

daniel
she's good, she's staying here
tonight

zach
u sure its okay for her to stay?

daniel
yeah she's all good

zach
okay i'll text her in the morning.
thanks dani!!!

––––

"are you staying in here tonight?" rayleigh asked him.

"only if you're okay with it." he replied as she nodded her head, "you sure?"

"yeah its fine if you stay up here." she sat at the end of the bed.

daniel laid down in the bed and rayleigh laid down next to him. the two fell asleep fast.

a/n

tea-

okay bye 🏃‍♀️🚗💨