003; your lame

third person.

as they finished their meal, "myta i can help clean up." rayleigh said to myta who sat across her.

"i can get it sweetie, you can go catch up with zach." she replied with a smile.

"are you sure?" myta shook her head yes to the girl as she stood up and started carrying things to the sink.

"wanna go out back?" zach whispered asking her as she shrugged and nodded yes.

the two excused themselves and walked outside to the back and sitting on the porch swing.

for the next hour rayleigh told zach everything from when he left four years ago.

"okay but what do you do in la when you aren't working?" he asked after she finished talking.

shrugging she started talking "uh literally nothing, read a book, watch a movie, facetime katy. thats about it."

"you're lame." the boy joked letting out a small laugh. he contemplated asking her about her parents but decided to just ask, "do your parents still fight often?"

her facial expressions dropped and she shock her head yes. "i'm sorry rayleigh, uh lets talk about something else."

zach soon changed the subject because he knew rayleigh didn't like thinking about how unhappy her parents were with each other ever since she was 10.

"can i join you two?" myta asked as they both agreed she could. "so how long are you staying in la for?"

"hopefully awhile, i started today at atlantic and i already love it and i like it out here in la." she replied with a smile as zach moved towards her for his mom to sit on the other side of him.

the three continued catching up and soon came into a deep and personal talk about her family and everything that has happened in the last year specifically. "uh yeah, my dad cheated on my mom with our neighbor, Mrs. Veers, the day after their 24th anniversary and it has been continued ever since and uh-"

tears soon fell from her eyes and zach and myta could both tell the situation made her feel uncomfortable. "hey its okay, let it out." zach whispered placing his arm around her and stroking her hair.

rayleigh leans her head onto zach's shoulder. her tears soon stopped and she still leaned her head onto him. "i'm sorry rayleigh." his arm fell to her side rubbing the side of her torso as she wiped her tears away.

"i'll leave you two be for a little while." myta stood up walking inside their house.

the two sat quietly while zach started rocking the swing with his feet slightly, his arm still around the girl as they watched the sunset. "you still love watching the sunset, don't you?" he asked her.

rayleigh smiled, quietly saying yes. "i love it. it brings me back home when i watch it." she paused. "it reminds me of when i was younger and i'd watch it with katie and my mom while we waited for my dad to get home from work."

"back when our family was hap-" rayleigh was interrupted by her phone ringing. "speaking of the devil." answering the facetime call.

on katie's screen it showed rayleigh's face and the lower portion of zach's face. "rayleigh did you final- wait is that zach?" rayleigh moved her phone so zach's full face was onscreen. "zach, its been awhile."

"only 4 years." the boy laughed back to her. "you should come out here to visit. i bet my mom would love to see you."

"i'm trying to convince mom and dad to come but its not working, but me and mom might come." rayleigh nodded her head. "so whats up with you two all you know."

"oh nothing. we are just talking about old times and catching up." rayleigh responded.

the three talked for awhile before rayleigh decided it was time to go home for the night.

author's note

i hate this but whateva