015; let's talk

third person.

the two sat next to eachother at the breakfast table, one with a pounding headache and his head in his hands and the other barely touching her food and thinking about the previous night. while myta sat across from them noticing the small change in them as she got up and went a grabbed her son a few advils.

sliding them across the table to him. zach not even noticing before rayleigh slightly coughed making his head shoot up, "i'm sorry." she mumbled before he had noticed the two advils in-front of him.

"it's not your fault." he quickly took the medicine before taking a few bits of his food before noticing the girl next to him hadn't ate much either. "why aren't you eating? you love bacon and waffles."

she sighed quietly looking up to myta who just raised her eyebrows and both looked towards zach, "just thinking about stuff."

"do you wanna talk about this stuff? it seems to be bothering you." he replied quietly

"let's eat breakfast and we can talk after you feel better." he nodded to her before both started eating small bites of their breakfast.

after the family had finished zach went to lay in his room while rayleigh helped his mom clean up the breakfast, "so what have you been thinking?"

"i don't know myta. i think yes i still have feelings for him from back in texas but i also don't want to ruin our friendship by bringing it up to him." she sighed aggressively as she placed the cup in the cupboard.

"it's not going to ruin anything trust me!" myta pleaded back with a sympathetic smile. "just go relax for a bit with zach and then you can talk after he feels a bit better."

rayleigh nodded going into zach's room to find him sitting on his bed, "you good?"

"yea the medicine kicked in. do you wanna talk yet?" rayleigh shrugged a little sitting next to him, "let's talk."

"so uh you said somethings last night, that you probably didn't want to say well to me specifically. but i- uh. i'm rambling right now but you said you broke up with kay because of me. and i talked to your mom and she said i should talk to you about it but i-" zach softly placed his finger of her mouth.

"rayleigh. you're rambling. but yes i did break up with her because of you." zach told her before moving his hand away from her lips.

the girl looked up from her lap to the boy, "okay and you said how you do like me but you didn't want me knowing and i kinda know now and i don't know zach. i like never lost feelings for you from texas so i gue-" the girl was cut off by zach cupping her cheek and placing his lips against hers.

the girl shocked but started kissing back, "yes i like you rayleigh, i pushed it to the back of my mind when i left texas and now that you're here it came back."

"so what are we gonna do now?" she asked her hands still in her lap and her fingers fiddling with one another.

"let's just keep doing what we are doing. not rush into anything and take it slow."

"can we also like keep this super private. like just us and our families if they notice." he nodded agreeing with her, "and the other guys will just have to find out on their own."

"well they already know about everything i told you last night but they just don't know anything else."

"i know they know. you told me them and your mom knew and not to tell rayleigh." she laughed before laying back onto the bed. zach laid down next to her and put his arm around her pulling her into him.

both with huge smiles on their faces. zach's phone started ringing from a facetime call from jack. "oh i gotta answer this its him and lav."

"hey jack." he said answering the call and sitting up to get up to go show his mom.

"hi zachy." lav said in her baby voice with a giggle.

rayleigh following behind him smiling at the little girls voice. "hi lavy. i'm gonna come see you soon okay." the boy put his phone propped up infront of him and his mom and rayleigh watched from a distance as the boy and his mom talked to the little girl through the phone.

rayleigh could tell how much he cared for lav and how much he missed her and wanted to see her. "lav can i come with your dad the next time he comes and sees you?" lav screamed a yes back to the boy making everyone laugh, "can i bring rayleigh with me?" zach pulled her into the phone and she yelled another yes.

after they finished talking to jack and lavender they sat down at the kitchen island while myta made a dessert, "you talked, i take it?" they both nodded. "and?"

"we are taking it slow and keeping it private between our families and whenever the guys figure it out." zach told her with a smile before leaning his head onto the girl's shoulders and her hands finding their way to his hair. "wanna go for a walk?"

"sure!"

author's note

not me actually updating

also new book called DARE coming out later today!!!