012; brunch?

third person.

iMessage

zachary
rayleigh

zachary
wanna go get brunch?

rayleigh
sry i have work to do

zachary
its sunday!?!

rayleigh
and? i have some paperwork
to finish

zachary
pls. i'm bored

zachary
i'll help u finish the paperwork
after brunch

rayleigh
fine

zachary
prefect. be ready in 20

rayleigh
kk

–––––

the boy sat in his car waiting for rayleigh to walk out of the apartment building. she opened the door car door sitting in the passenger seat. "hey." she mumbled to him.

"hi," he smiled to her before starting to drive away.

"where exactly are we going?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"to this diner i saw on the way to yours the other day." the boy told her as she smiled and nodded back to him. "you okay with that?" she mumbled back a yeah before pulling out her phone.

"if thats work put it away." he insisted. she huffed and put it back in her pocket. "thank you."

the two arrived at the dinner and going inside and ordering right away. they had decided on sharing an order of pancakes.

"how would you feel if i flew your mom and sister out here?" he asked before taking a bite of his food. she furrowed her eyebrows at him, "i've laid in my bed for the last week, all i've done is think and i think it'd be nice for you and our moms could get together again."

"i'd love for them to come out but i won't let you buy their tickets. i've been saving so much out of each paycheck to fly them out myself." she explained back.

"we'll what if i want to fly them out now and you save your money to fly them out another time?"

she sighed placing her fork down on the plate before replying "zach i can't let you do that."

"fine but i might do it for a surprise. and you won't stop me." rolling her eyes jokingly he laughed at her before they finished the pancakes.

after leaving the restaurant the two decided to go shopping at the small grocery store down the road from rayleigh's apartment. "why did we actually come here?" zach asked as he pushed the small cart.

"i want some candy and i need fruit for my apartment." she walked to the fruit area and picked out some and then got her candy.

the two finished at the grocery store and went back to her apartment to finish her paperwork for the day. "its messy, don't judge me." she opened the door to reveal a small mess of blankets on her living room floor.

"this is a mess to you?"

"yes now don't judge, or i'll kick you out." she huffed sitting down on the couch and next to her laptop that was half open, she looked up to zach who raised an eyebrow at her, "you said you would help after."

"plus i don't have much to do." she pulled out her computer as he sat next to her and pulled out his phone. she raised an eyebrow at him as he looked up.

"i'm here for moral support." he joked before leaning back on the couch. "plus legally i can't do anything. because of confidentiality."

"true," she mumbled before starting to finish her work.

after fifteen minutes of doing her work she closed her computer with a big sigh. "can we watch Netflix now?" he agreed before sitting up more, "how about After?" he shrugged as she scrolled through the movies on her tv.

"sure i haven't watched it before."

laughing slightly she clicked the movie before zach placed his arm around her and pulled her into him, as she got comfy "oh if we watch After we Collided you'll be surprised." 

the two stayed in that position for the rest of the movie before rayleigh ended up falling asleep and zach feel asleep soon after.

author's note

been awhile

kk bye bye now