27- where did everyone go?

"They're nowhere to be found!" A short haired woman alerted her elder and quickly retreated.

"Isabella how could this happen?! All those quality goods! Gone!"

"3 premium goods too!"

"This isn't like you at all, i mean, this is you we're talking about! How--" An elderly woman, who everyone referred to as "grandma", exclaimed, completely bewildered at what has happened.

"No, this is entirely my fault."

"I am the one to blame, i was being careless." Isabella interrupted the woman, feeling the guilt creep up behind her.

She wanted to take full responsibility for the kids.

She read the letter Phil gave her.

It was Ray's farewell letter.

A letter she'd kept as a reminder of the sin she's committed.

She’d thought it had burned along with the others in the house.

But Iza had kept it safe through Phil.

She knew what would happen and stole it from Isabella months before, to keep it safe.

Isabella wondered, how long the bluennette knew about it? She did all that even after what the woman did to her and her friends?

Was it that intuition of hers again?

She truly is a sweet girl beneath all that sass.

She wasn't able to help them before, but now she knows she will.

Even if she has to sacrifice herself.

----------------------
-------------

"They're huge.." Don muttered, as him and everyone stared at the enormously tall trees that surrounded them, completely baffled and in awe.

'This is completely different to the forest we were in just minutes ago!' Ray thought, confused as his head turned in every direction.

This was nothing like what he'd seen in the books at the house.

He had expected to try and locate where they were through their surroundings but he couldn't.

'Looks like this isn't going to be as easy as i thought.. Just what in the world--' His thoughts were cut off as he felt something from behind him.

Ray's head shot towards the trees' trunks, narrowing his eyes at it suspiciously.

'Did something just move..?' he questioned himself.

"Make sure to be careful!" Emma reminded them as she and Don helped the children climb across the tall obstacles in their path.

They're pace was starting to drop, the children were obviously tired and Emma took notice.

Don called out to her and she agreed.

"Alright everyone it's time to rest! We can eat breakfast here!" She announced, causing the tired and hungry children to cheer.

She trailed away from the group as she looked around, looking out for any potential danger.

"Remember to not eat too much at once! We need to make sure it lasts as long as possible!" Gilda reminded the children who agreed.

"Emma aren't you eating with us?" Chris, one of the kids asked the girl, tugging on the ends of her sleeve.

Emma smiled and bent down to pat his head.