❀8- An offer❀

"Ten years." Mama spoke, smiling softly as she closed her tracker and stared at Norman and Emma.

"What?" Emma asked with a dumbfounded look.

"Ten years we've been living together, this is the first time we've talked without acting." She continued.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Emma."

"You too, Norman." She greeted the two with a sinister smile.

Mama chuckled amusingly at the two children she's raised so carefully.

"Didn't I teach you kids that lying is bad?"

"Please be at ease, it's just us here."

"So you can drop the act and stop pretending to be good kids who don't know anything."

"Right now it's just a caretaker and children who are meant to be food." She stated, as Emma and Norman tense up, staring at her with wide eyes.

"But don't be mistaken."

"I love you children, I adore you truly." she proclaimed as she clasps her hands together in her chest.

"I love you as if you were my own child."

"And that's why I'm here, I want you to give up." She finally says with a serious look on her face.

Emma clenched her fists as she finally understood what kind of person their mother is.

To think that Iza had to endure being by her side, to love her despite what she's done all these years.

She remembered what Iza had to go through because of her.

All those sleepless nights, those tears that fell on her shoulder when she embraced the poor girl.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

She was just a child.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

'It must've hurt, didn't it Iza?' Emma wondered in pity.

"Give up?"

"Give up what?" Emma asked as silence filled the air for a moment.

Mama smirked.

"Give up resisting."

"I don't want you to suffer, I don't want all of you to suffer." She responds, frowning.

"It's a wonderful life isn't it?"

"A warm home filled with love and delicious food, without knowing hunger, coldness, or the truth, you can die with a satisfied feeling."

"What part of that is unhappy?" She finally asks as Emma clenches her fists even tightly and looks down angrily while Norman tries to calm her down.

"Happiness?" Emma asked, still looking down angrily.

"Is the happiness you speak of similar to the end Conny met?"

"Death happens in an instant, until that moment Conny lived a life full of smiles."

Mama responded with an empty smile.

"I DON'T WANT FAKE SMILES!" Emma yelled.

"Even if I suffer, I want to live freely! I will decide what my happiness is!" She screamed at Mama who smiled patiently.

"Emma." He cuts her out as Emma composes herself.

"It's impossible to escape, it's too dangerous outside and only full of despair," Mama said as she glanced at Emma.