❀17- notebook❀

Norman trudged towards his bedroom with his head hung low.

His heart had finally stopped erratically beating which allowed him to take a deep breath, relax, and close the door behind him.

Mama has given him and Emma little to no chance of talking to the others to help form a plan, but jokes on her, with their current state, Emma can just as easily relay information to the others by pretending to be depressed and needing comfort from the other kids, who have already been informed of the truth.

While he can formulate a plan alone, and communicate with her through the other kids.

Ray meanwhile, still hasn't left the library and when they tried giving him the tracker disabler he didn't even care and just gave it to them.

"You can have it, it doesn't matter we're all going to die anyway" Ray said, not facing their direction and simply holding a piece of paper close to him like a child holding a teddy bear.

Despite Ray not really helping them out anymore, everything feels so conveniently laid out for them and perhaps this is what Iza had planned for in the very beginning. 

Giving them a convenient way to escape by gathering everyone on her side, informing them all of the truth, preparing their survival kits and using herself as a distraction to give us more time to prepare.

Although he hated the fact that she had to be the one to carry all this responsibility alone, He was grateful to her.

If it wasn't for her, his best friends would be dead by now and he would be too.

He was prepared to pay any sacrifice but he would be lying if he said he wasn't scared to die. 

That night when they saw Conny, he was shaking even if he didn't directly show it to Emma, he was scared. He didn't want to die.

Iza however, was the opposite. It hurt and angered him to see her look so accepting of the fact she was going to die. How could she take such a thing lightly.

But the one thing that is bothering him the most is the thing he's holding onto right now.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
"Norman..?"

"Oh, Yvette. What is it?"

"I think you should have this.."
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Norman's hands shook as he gripped the small journal in his hands. This was the book Iza had hidden all her thoughts in and no one knew of its existence.

The journal was old and tattered. 

Seemingly handmade by Iza herself. 

The evidence being the paper having inconsistent texture, length and color.

Some were longer than the others and had a yellowish hue than just plain white. The edges were torn and ripped out to be strung together by yarn.

It felt ancient.

The first few pages didn't seem too out of the ordinary, that is if you ignore the missing ripped pages and nonsensical scribbling on some of the pages.

'Was this a vent book of sorts?'

It included her thoughts, theories and findings about a lot of things. Especially the secrets of the house. Based on what he suspects, this was made when she finally knew about the secret. 

She didn't have the best of memories. So knowing her, she'd need to write this down to remember certain details.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
"What is this?"