26 Homies

Ray couldn't believe his eyes.

It felt like a dream, something he'd only imagine in his head.

But it was happening.

He's escaping, escaping with his friends, his family.

But something wasn't right.

No, of course something isn't right.

She isn't here, she isn't here to see their dreams come into fruition.

"Surprise!"

"It's quite the view isn't it?"

"Who knew we'd witness such a scene" A soft voice spoke beside him, a voice he'd know all too well.

"Yeah.." He glanced beside him and there she was, grinning widely with her hands behind her back, staring at him with her cool, soft eyes.

"The stars are really bright tonight,"

"They're really beautiful, don't you think?" She continued, causing him to chuckle.

"Not as beautiful as you." he responded, earning a laugh from the bluennette who lightly punched his arm.

"Smooth as always, Edgy." She chuckled, silence filling the air soon after as all the kids slowly ziplined across.

"I miss you." Ray let out, a sad tone laced in his voice.

"I miss you too.." she responded.

"But.." she glanced at Jemima who was shaking, afraid to cross.

"They need you more than me now.." she spoke, causing him to turn to look at Jemima before turning back to the bluenette.

"See you around, Edgy." She threw a peace sign at him and slowly vanished.

" She threw a peace sign at him and slowly vanished

(A/N: I'm sorry--)

He smiled sadly, his eyes glossing over as he blinked.

Turning away, he walked up towards Jemima, helping her and the others zipline across.

The cool breeze flowing through his hair, reminding him of the bluennette's once cold embrace.

----------------
------

"It's just a nightmare Edgy, I'm not going anywhere.." the bluenette assured the shaking boy in her arms.

She had found him crying in the bathroom at 3am again and had led him back to his room where she held him close.

"Shh.."

"Just sleep, I won't ever leave you guys, ok?"

"I'll always be there no matter what. Just rest easy.." she patted his back, with him reluctantly falling unconscious in her cold embrace.