❀14-Raygrets❀

Ray sat on the mattress that he had kept inside the library and silently stared at the drawing the bluenette gave him before she was fed to those demons.

They had taken everything from him.

His sanity, his siblings, now Iza.

He wanted to cry, to scream, and to punch something.

Anything, that can release his frustrations.

But he couldn't, he was just so tired.

His eyes had become dry and red from all the crying.

He sacrificed 6 years of his life for them, for HER.

He wanted them to escape, he wanted HER to escape, even if it didn't include him.

Everything he had done was all for nothing.

She wasn't able to escape with them.

She's nothing more than a corpse now, an old bitter memory that he wishes he could forget.

Just to lessen the pain.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

He didn't know why, but he would always feel a sudden rush of energy whenever he saw the girl.

She was quiet, and barely interacted with any of the other orphans excluding Ilyann and Zerzer.

She rarely smiled at anyone other than Mama, Ilyann and Zerzer.

Her hair was short back then, neatly pulled back by a white headband and she hadn't worn glasses yet.

Ray would often catch himself staring at her, and observing her features.

Her eyes looked so dull and empty when she wasn't with Ilyann and Zerzer, almost as if she relied on the two like a battery.

He felt like she was somewhat unique in a way, but he never understood why he thought so.

She just had an aura to her that always caught his and some others attention whenever she was near.

Or perhaps it was the mystery surrounding her.

When Ilyann and Zerzer left, she spent most of her time inside the library.

He'd admire how immersed she'd become when reading. How her eyes would lit up of curiosity, her cute little reactions to the story she was reading or how peaceful she'd look.

She didn't talk or make any sound when she was inside the library, and whenever Ray would look up from his book, he'd often be startled to see her there with him, reading.

He'd then lose his focus and ended up observing her instead.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾