❀23❀

Iza sat underneath the tree with her hair down, distracted by the butterflies that fluttered around her whilst humming a very familiar tune to herself as a certain black-haired boy came up to her.

The girl stopped singing and glanced up at the boy, smiling softly while the boy sat next to her.

"Hello there Ray." Iza greeted, chuckling lightly as the boy hummed in response.

"So,"

"How was your birthday?" Ray asked, causing the girl to tilt her head and narrow her eyes at him.

"Fun, i guess. I just wished it was just us four celebrating it,"

"Everyone was so loud, especially Emma." The girl responded, earning a small snicker from the boy next to her.

"It's Emma, what do you expect?"he joked, both chuckling lightly as silence soon filled the air.

They didn't mind the silence, it didn't matter if they were talking or not, they just enjoyed one another's company.

"Oh, by the way, here."

"I forgot to give it to you earlier." He lied, he didn't forget, he was just too shy to give it to her.

"Is this for me?" She asked, pointing at herself as Ray smirked.

"Who else, idiot?"

"Oh." She responded, taking the box, then unwrapping and opening it to reveal a small necklace with a gold and cyan colored pendant.

"Wait wha--"

"How'd you get this??" Iza asked, completely baffled at the necklace.

She expected it to be a handmade one, like a friendship bracelet but no, this one is real.

It felt so fancy, she's only read and seen these from books, but seeing it up close like this is just overwhelming.

"I had a bit of help, but it doesn't matter. Just try it on." Ray dodged the question as Iza realized what he meant.

'Did he..?'

'Ask Mama to get this?'

'Did he just waste one of his prizes for my birthday?'

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
"I'd like a cyan colored necklace." Ray spoke, his hands crossed whilst he sat on a chair in his mother's office.

"That's new."

"What do you need it for? You don't seem like the type to wear jewelry." the woman narrowed her eyes at the boy who shrugged.

"It's a gift for Iza's birthday next week,"

"Why not make a friendship bracelet instead? Why waste your prize?" Isabella smirked as Ray remained adamant on getting the necklace.

"I don't care, just give me what I've earned. It's part of the deal." He insisted, as the woman chuckled.

"Alright I'll get you one. Just don't get too distracted, ok? You have a job to do." She smiled, earning a sly smirk from the boy.