❀5- I know❀

Iza's POV

I let Phil borrow my sketchpad as he and Sherry talk.

I got up from the ground and head towards Mama to ask if i could have another pen, since mine broke.

She agrees and pats my head as i smile and thank her, hugging her.

I look around me and notice Krone staring at me, holding a kid in her hands as the other children surround her, with Gilda beside her.

I give her a small smile as she hesitates and smiles back.

'What are you planning with Gilda, Krone?' i wondered.

'She might be trying to use or turn Gilda as a spy or traitor against us.'

'How basic..'

I cut off my train of thought as i noticed the trio at the side staring at me and the others.

Their eyes were written with suspicion and doubt all over.

Especially Emma and Norman who looked extremely worried.

'Ah, so my tricks seemed to have worked.' i held back a giggle, knowing fully well they're trying so hard not to suspect me as i slowly approached them.

"Hey Emma, Norman, are you.. feeling ok? Your eyes look like they're about to pop out your sockets." I worriedly ask, placing a hand on both their shoulder.

Both tensed up a bit but soon relaxed.

"Iza, we.. need to tell you something." Emma announced nervously.

"It's about the house."

"A-about Mama..."

"About.. the kids." She frowned, looking at me.

"Ok? what is it?" I tilted my head curiously.

"We'll tell you later." Norman cuts off.

"Meet us in the library later tonight," he continued.

"We'll see." I shrugged.

"See you later, dorks." I added, ruffling both Emma and Ray's hair before i left.

I decided not to meet them that night as a weird feeling bothered me the whole time.

Whatever the reason may be and why i felt that way remained unknown as after that fateful night i knew better.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
I knew better than to doubt my intuition.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Knowing I wouldn't have anything to do, i slept early that night and told Mama that i was just feeling tired.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

I make my way downstairs as i find Norman heading to the dining room.

I wrap my arms around his neck and shoulders as i hugged him from behind.

"Angel!~ Sorry i didn't show up, i felt really tired last night." I smiled softly at him.

His face was that of surprise and doubt yet he flashed me a kind and soft smile.

"I-it's alright Iza, we can still tell you later."

I hummed in agreement as we went and ate.

The four of us headed to the forest as they started explaining to me about the secret.

"Iza, i know you really love Mama... But you have to believe us we--"

"I believe you." I chuckled, cutting Emma off as i smirked.